Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, bretonvilla said:

The sad thing is , all the other teams down there look far better than us . There's an urgency and speed about Southampton ,Watford and Norwich that we just don't have . Can't see us getting more than 20 points in total 

Fixed

1 minute ago, bretonvilla said:

The sad thing is , all the other teams down there look far better than us . There's an urgency and speed about Southampton ,Watford and Norwich that we just don't have . Can't see us getting more than 30 points in total 

We won’t get a single more point the way we play and with Wesley upfront

Lost count how many times it's looked like boys against men for us this season.

And I'm not just talking about physicality. The players we face look more dynamic, more mature and more tactically astute.

• Like 2

I refuse to believe our players are so **** shit that they should lose 3-0 to a 10 man Watford. Coaching and tactics is the great difference imo.

Are our players not the best? Yes. Could we do better with our batch of players? Also, yes.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

It’s obviously not all Wesley’s fault but surely you can see that he has been a big contributory factor???

Yeah I can but read his post, he basically blames Wes for this display.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Jack has had a poor game by his standards but he's still been head and shoulders above everyone else. Just not good enough. Our summer recruitment has been poor and it was always going to be a risk. Shame it hasn't worked out.

Tactics today didnt favour Grealish today.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

That first goal was a gift resulting from a comedy of errors and those errors are indicative of a team bereft of all confidence. I really hope the solution is not too far away, otherwise I fear the worst. 

I'd say all 3 of them were

And that's why I think Smith can't fix it

Heads don't turn like they need to by a Monday morning round of ****, these lot are gone