Strongest 11

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Going only with what we have available and as our wingers are generally pretty shit, I'd go with a diamond in midfield with either Conor or DL chosen depending on the opposition!

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

Nakamba

McGinn--------------Hourihane/luiz

Grealish 

Wesley

Subs: Steer, Konsa, Hause, Hourihane/luiz, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Kodjia.

we can play 1 more player ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Yet Kodjia is rubbish?

Kodjia has been at this club for 4 years and is more of a known quantity. But yes, it's frustrating not to see Kodjia get any starts in the Premier League. If Smith is happy to drop Guilbert for Elmo after a couple of bad games, then surely dropping Wesley for Kodjia is on the cards.

------------------------Heaton-------------------------

---------Konsa-----Engels------Mings----------

Guilbert--------------Luiz------------Hourihane

------------McGinn-------------Grealish-----------

---------------Wesley---------El Ghazi-------------

3-5-2 is really difficult to do on a phone.

Not sure about the wing-backs but wanted to get Hourihane in somewhere because of the goal threat.

We have the strongest 2nd 11 we have had for many years hence our success in the Caribou cup.So our strongest 11 is more difficult to pick than in previous years .

For me Heaton ,Mings,McGinn  and Grealish are not negotiable.

Elmo or Guilbert I think is difficult . I think Elmo is very underrated by many Villa fans,he makes mistakes but he can make a difference going forward.

El gazi can do brilliant things ,gets into position and has good chances but can also be rubbish.

Hourihaneis our  best dead ball deliverer  and deadly in the penalty area but can be anonymous when we lose the ball.

I think the problem is that the new guys have all played well at some point - however the week in \ week out performances are not good enough. Thats leaving us well short of quality on the pitch - most weeks. 

for me:

Heaton

Konza              Mings        Hause

Guilbert           Mcginn     Luiz             Targett

Grealish        Hourihane

Wesley

subs:  Nyland, Engels, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Kodjia, Trez, Lansbury

I think this team would transistion better back to front, McGinn deeper along Luiz = more aggression. Jack, connor and Wes playing in triangles. Width from full backs who are covered better by quickish CB's all with height for headed clearances. Simply this manager lark innit

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I think the problem is that the new guys have all played well at some point - however the week in \ week out performances are not good enough. Thats leaving us well short of quality on the pitch - most weeks. 

The best example of this is Nakamba, who has in some games been absolutely superb, but has recently been terrible.

Of the new signings, I'd say Luiz has been the most consistently good (not brilliant, but decent), and has been our best signing.

...................Heaton................

Elmo...Engels..Mings......Targett/Taylor (Don't think there's anything between Targett and Taylor. I think they are equally shit)

..................Luiz........................

.........Hourihane...Jack...........

El Ghazi........Kodjia.............? (Need a left winger)

Heaton

Freddy      Mings      Konsa      Targett

Nakamba    

Luiz    McGinn   Hourihane

Jack

Wes

Subs - Nyland, Hause, Engels, AEG, Kodja, Trez, Elmo

Close between Konsa and Engels, for all good Engels does his pace kills him

midfield not width, but don’t think AEG and Trez are good enough so strongest it is but unbalanced

Â