Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

Yes, with your back to the wall. Bend forward 45 degrees and push El Zenito backwards between the legs then squeeze your knees together for stabilisation. Use your free hands to high ten all the other dudes.

Extremely useful. I will definitely try this next time.

Can you also tell me what to do with the complementary blue urinal candy when I’m done with it? Is it safe to swallow or should I chuck it in the bin? 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Extremely useful. I will definitely try this next time.

Can you also tell me what to do with the complementary blue urinal candy when I’m done with it? Is it safe to swallow or should I chuck it in the bin? 

Pass it on to the next bathroom patron to enjoy, but obviously don’t use your hands otherwise you’ll have to wash them again - mouth to mouth is correct etiquette.

Edited by a m ole
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, a m ole said:

Pass it on to the next bathroom patron to enjoy

Got it! Should be easy enough to remember. It’s the same as I do with my herpes. 

• Haha 4

On 14/08/2021 at 00:37, a m ole said:

Yes, with your back to the wall. Bend forward 45 degrees and push El Zenito backwards between the legs

Before I'd spotted who you were responding to, I thought El Zenito was what you genuinely called your flute :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The new Teenage Fanclub album is a crushing disappointment. 

That’s sad to hear. Maybe give it a miss and give Grand Prix a long overdue spin. 

• 2 months later...

He’s another one filed under “too northern” for me .

Never watched the afore mentioned phoenix nights or carpool , did see some sketch he did about misheard lyrics which was ok , but not exactly original 

• Like 1

I'm finding it hard to believe that there has suddenly, over just a couple of months, been an epidemic of hundreds of people being stuck with needles in nightclubs . . . it feels like one of those mass delusion stories, but maybe I'm wrong. What I know for sure is it's hard to say this without sounding like you're dismissing victims.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He’s another one filed under “too northern” for me .

Never watched the afore mentioned phoenix nights or carpool , did see some sketch he did about misheard lyrics which was ok , but not exactly original 

Phoenix Nights is by far and away the best thing in his back catalogue. I’ve always suspected the involvement of Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice was key to that, a couple of other writers to sound off against. It has been 10+ years since I watched it admittedly so if it’s as good as I remember is another thing.

Everything else he’s done is mixed at best. 

I’m convinced he really just wanted to have some songs in the top 40.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Phoenix Nights is by far and away the best thing in his back catalogue. I’ve always suspected the involvement of Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice was key to that, a couple of other writers to sound off against. It has been 10+ years since I watched it admittedly so if it’s as good as I remember is another thing.

Absolutely this.

I rewatched it recently and it's still one of the best comedy series ever for me. 

The main issue with Peter Kay (and I have heard this from someone with first hand experience) is that he's an absolute word removed in real life and a nightmare to work with. 

• Like 1

Â