Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

2 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I don't feel sorry for the vast majority of homeless people 

I don't trust them more than anything else, if I was feeling helpful and gave one a fiver would they put it towards a bed, a warm drink, a blanket?.... Or drink, or drugs? 

I can't help but question how they got there and then assume that they made a lot of very bad lifestyle choices and will probably continue to do so

35 minutes ago, sne said:

I know as a Villa fan I am expected to "hate" Birmingham City, but I don't care about them.

Living is Sweden I've yet to meet someone who supports them, at home or abroad. They've hardly ever posed a challenge to Villa and mostly been playing in lower divisions.

Obviously I want us to win when we play them and I get why people who have to be around City fans all the time dislike them and their fans.

But for me they are just insignificant and a nothing club I struggle to get engaged about. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tin hat time, but here’s a few I can think of: 

Mrs Brown’s Boys - utter rubbish. People talk about it at work as if it’s the greatest show of all time?  

Friends - again, utter rubbish.  I mention it because Mrs F could watch them all day, every day. Just don’t get the popularity of it.

Vaping - people now think it’s ok to vape around you because it’s allegedly safe.  I still don’t wish to have someones candy floss smoke in my face.  

Smart watches - most people I know now, including Mrs F, have one and love them, but they look like expensive tat to me.  I like a real watch and would love a really expensive one in the future.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc - just not for me.  VT all day long though.

Other people’s kids and animals - we have pets and two kids, but I am fully aware that people don’t want to see pics and hear stories of them all day.  Also, we’re fully aware of how they should behave in public.  In return, I don’t wish to have other people’s animals and kids in my face. 

KFC, Burger King & McDonalds - clearly loved because of how busy they are. Our two kids love the happy meals, but to have any of this food as some kind of takeaway treat on a Friday or Saturday night? No thanks. It’s damn expensive for what it is, but people will queue for an age for it? If we’re going to have a takeaway, give me a chippy tea, Chinese or Indian every time. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Tin hat time, but here’s a few I can think of: 

Mrs Brown’s Boys - utter rubbish. People at talk about it at work as if it’s the greatest show of all time?  

Friends - again, utter rubbish.  I mention it because Mrs F could watch them all day, every day. Just don’t get the popularity of it.

Vaping - people now think it’s ok to vape around you because it’s allegedly safe.  I still don’t wish to have someones candy floss smoke in my face.  

Smart watches - most people I know now, including Mrs F, have one and love them, but they look like expensive tat to me.  I like a real watch and would love a really expensive one in the future.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc - just not for me.  VT all day long though.

Other people’s kids and animals - we have pets and two kids, but I am fully aware that people don’t want to see pics and hear stories of them all day.  Also, we’re fully aware of how they should behave in public.  In return, I don’t wish to have other people’s animals and kids in my face. 

KFC, Burger King & McDonalds - clearly loved because of how busy they are. Our two kids love the happy meals, but to have any of this food as some kind of takeaway treat on a Friday or Saturday night? No thanks. It’s damn expensive for what it is, but people will queue for an age for it? If we’re going to have a takeaway, give me a chippy tea, Chinese or Indian every time. 

Sir, I put it to you that none of these are in the slightest bit unpopular.

Therefore..

.spacer.png

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

We should get rid of the royal family(although Andrew is helping to make this popular)

The honours system is completely corrupt and outdated,what empire?

The BBC is very good especially bbc4 and radio stations

Christmas dinner-why do you need 2or 3 different meats and 5 different vegetables

This this this. A lot of british people don’t realise how good we have it with the BBC. Living abroad radio is 80% adverts. I am a 15 minute drive from work and I have driven the whole distance listening to the radio without hearing a song. 

On 26/12/2019 at 10:48, bickster said:

Pale Ale particularly the very Americanised shite with flavours like pink grapefruit and its sold in cans is an abomination. (I.P.A. is a different drink altogether and is mostly fine)

There's a locally brewed one round these parts called Love Lane, utterly contemptible!

Its yet another victory for style over substance

This I strongly disagree with. I actually couldn’t really stand drinking any kind of beer/lager/ale until the American pale ales hit the scene and now that’s pretty much all I’ll drink down the pub. What is it you don’t like about them? I can’t do a standard british IPA because I just don’t get why anyone would want to drink warm beer that smells like a homeless person’s shoe. 

A proper CTM is one of the things I crave living away, first thing I did Sunday night was go to the local restaurant and have one, didn't go crazy, poppadoms, some lamb honey and peach chilli starter thing (which was awesome but a lot of chilli) CTM plain naan, 3 beers

I felt rough as **** next day

Â