Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Mercedes drivers are worse than those of BMW and Audi combined. 

No no no no

1. Audi (Its the Scally's car of choice these days)
  2. BMW (getting less popular as they lean towards Audis)
  3. Land Rover Disco's (School run mums, can't drive for shit and think everyone needs to get out of their way)
  4. Mercedes (old peoples cars in the main)

Round these ways anyway

1 hour ago, bickster said:

No no no no

1. Audi (Its the Scally's car of choice these days)
  2. BMW (getting less popular as they lean towards Audis)
  3. Land Rover Disco's (School run mums, can't drive for shit and think everyone needs to get out of their way)
  4. Mercedes (old peoples cars in the main)

Round these ways anyway

Geographical bias. If you lived where I live, your perspective would be very different 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Fight scenes in movies is tedious and boring.

Yeah, this. I watched The Matrix again last week, and the first half, which is where the ideas are, is kind of dumb but at least creative and different. The second half, just an endless succession of 'bullet time' nonsense, I was browsing on here by the end of it which is a sure sign I've completely lost interest.

I don't mind good martial arts, but most other fight scenes are boring. In fact, I think 'action' is the most boring movie/TV genre.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Fight scenes in movies is tedious and boring.

Even worse is the assumption of superhero movies that we should care at all about whatever apocalyptic brawl happening at the very beginning of each film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Action scenes in war movies I find more boring 

For me the worst is in films where fire arms is an established thing but you still get the protagonist waving his arms and legs against some similarly specked baddie time and time again, preferably in some fancy location.

I get it, they are both really hard guys. Can we move on with the story (if there is any) please

On 26/12/2019 at 01:33, KentVillan said:

Some excellent opinions @lapal_fan

Mine:

• Football is mostly a force for bad. It breeds tribalism and narrow mindedness, and most people who follow it don't make any effort to understand it. It backs people into corners, where they feel obliged to say stupid things because of something they decided when they were 5 years old. It celebrates sociopathic words removed and bullies, and provides a vehicle for murderous criminals to launder their gains. It manages to be petty and jobsworthy at the same time as being flash and amoral. It often brings out the worst in people. Football humour is the least funny of all forms of humour.
  • Star Wars is shit.
  • Coldplay and Muse are actually objectively shit, not just in a trendy hipster "you sold out" way, but in a factual FFS this is unlistenable crap way.
  • All whisky drinking is alcoholism.
  • Cars are okay, but definitely not worth investing more than a month's wages in.
  • Breaking Bad isn't even in the top 5 TV series of all time.
  • Most people's political opinions are just borrowed stuff they've learnt to say to impress people, and the complete opposite of what they think privately.
  • Domestic violence, sexual harassment, etc. are often a two-way thing. (Edit: in response to @Seat68 - not intending to victim blame at all here, or claim that people normally bring this stuff on themselves. In hindsight, not the best thing to list in a tongue-in-cheek thread.)
  • Most people are not very nice if you really put them in a difficult situation where nobody's watching. But enough people are genuinely nice that it is still worth assuming good faith from everyone.

Oh yes, if I could like this comment a thousand times, I would.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Marvel movies, they're a **** diabolically brainless load of bullshit full of shit CGI and shit acting. Martin Scorsese was spot on when talking about them. 

Yep. 

when they’re good they’re pretty decent to be fair.

but your average “decent” superhero/comic book movie is shite 

We should get rid of the royal family(although Andrew is helping to make this popular)

The honours system is completely corrupt and outdated,what empire?

The BBC is very good especially bbc4 and radio stations

Christmas dinner-why do you need 2or 3 different meats and 5 different vegetables

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

We should get rid of the royal family(although Andrew is helping to make this popular)

Christmas dinner-why do you need 2or 3 different meats and 5 different vegetables

Absolutely all of this. 

31 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

absolutely not unpopular

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Marvel movies, they're a **** diabolically brainless load of bullshit full of shit CGI and shit acting. Martin Scorsese was spot on when talking about them. 

The problem is that these films serve a purpose to the film industry, they feed the beast, without them that type of film doesn't disappear it merely gets replaced with another transformers or jurassic park or fast and the furious or even worse the likes of godzilla and Pacific rim... Or even worse look at them trying to get the monsters franchises back up and running with that god awful Tom cruise mummy film

As it is the marvel films aren't perfect but they're the best big budget summer blockbuster films we will ever get 

Â