Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

On 03/01/2020 at 13:30, sharkyvilla said:

I really enjoy it when threads get turned into vegan debates.

It's surprising the vegans can raise the energy to type so much to be honest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/01/2020 at 14:27, chrisp65 said:

Personally, I’m as happy eating the mechanically extracted bits of ligament as I am with the prime cuts. In fact, its just so horrendously wasteful to only eat the bits we consider less ‘icky’. It sums us up in so many ways this childish wasteful thing we’ve morphed in to.

People not happy knowing they’re eating a pig’s arse that then question why someone else might want a veggie burger.

That’s not a pop at any poster here, its a rant at other people’s radical and extreme positions on things that they haven’t fully thought through.

Those people should be shot.

In all fairness shooting people is the only solution for people with radical and extreme positions. I say smash all violence.... Now! 

On 03/01/2020 at 15:12, mjmooney said:

There's a whole generation (maybe two) that will eat meat, but won't eat offal. I think a combination of having aged parents that experienced the prewar and rationing eras, and lots of holidays in rural France gave me more appreciation of liver, kidneys, etc. I draw the line at tripe, though. 

I was fed liver and kidneys as a kid and I absolutely hated it then as I hate it now.  That's to say actual whole cuts.  But I love a good cheap sausage with all the shit in.  Richmonds are perfect. 

Anytime I've tried a "quality" sausage with real meat in I've absolutely hated it. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bakers oven was twice as good as Greggs, and Starkey's was 10,000 times better than Greggs. 

Greggs has destroyed a lot of decent quality bakers in order to peddle their bland mush. 

Firkin right

On 03/01/2020 at 10:42, Davkaus said:

A couple of meat eaters from my office tried it for lunch yesterday and enjoyed having a steak bake with guaranteed 0 gristle, so it's certainly winning over some people who'd otherwise go for the meat option.

THAT'S it for me. 

I'm not vegetarian and have no intention whatsoever of becoming one, but if I can eat something that tastes/feels as good as meat, yet has less saturated fat and no gristle, I'm all for it. 

I tried one of those beyond meat burgers and it was lovely and absolutely no bits of gristle..... Which was nice. 

• 3 months later...
On 24/01/2021 at 18:44, bickster said:

Firkin right

Firkin were a great bakery but run into the ground by mismanagement.

The only bakery Greggs can look down upon is the Pound Bakery, although their 50p tits and lips bake is pretty nice 😂

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 18:36, mjmooney said:

Kidneys are fine in a steak'n'kidney pie. Liver, bacon, fried onions and mash is heavenly. 

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Here we go...

I quite like a lot of Phil Collins' songs. 

@mjmooneyand @Xelaare to report for electro-shock rectification and reprogramming therapy at 8 am prompt. Failure to do so will lead the Authority to terminate your oxygen supply. Compliance is mandatory. Deviation will not be tolerated. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Firkin were a great bakery but run into the ground by mismanagement.

The only bakery Greggs can look down upon is the Pound Bakery, although their 50p tits and lips bake is pretty nice 😂

Had some Pound bakery when the queue for Greggs next door was massive. You get a lot of sustenance for 50p but it’s bland as ****. Would rather stretch the budget and pay double that for something that tastes as crap as it’s supposed to rather than just like cardboard.

• Like 1

Â