Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Heston and Jamie Oliver a few years ago dug up some Victorian and Medieval cookbooks and did some of the recipes containing everything and the tasters loved it.  

I personally don't give a shit what "it" is as long as it tastes good. 

I suck the knuckle off chicken bones and bite the ends of the chicken bones and suck the juice out of lamb bones all eat the arse of the chicken.

Shocked face GIF

black game show GIF by Cheezburger

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Same here. When I was a nipper I used to go out with my cousin when he was shooting pigeons and rabbits for the pot, and I learned how skin a rabbit (I can still recall the - not entirely unpleasant - musty smell). I often wonder if I'd still remember how to do it. 

I remember helping my Granddad pluck the pheasants that had been hanging in the kitchen all week

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wasn't greggs once 'Braggs'? I used to prefer Firkins though, their sausage rolls were the best! 

It was in the Midlands. I did some work in a Braggs once (for a surveyor). Greggs also purchased Bakers Oven brand as well, which was quite popular. 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

from memory its about £5.60 for a Mexican chicken sandwich, cheese and bean melt, bottle of coke and an apple Danish, that's a great dinner (and why I was fat...)

Mexican chicken baguette, sausage roll or steak bake, crisps and jam donut. Done that combo a few times. Also why I waddle. 

• Like 1

I'm a meat eater (Kenneth Williams jpeg) but have tried the Greggs vegan 'sausage' roll and it tastes ok. Its 80% there in terms of the real thing. Less greasy obviously. I'll always chose the real thing though as I don't care whats in it. I'm interested in trying the vegan steak bake. 

1) Nando’s is unbelievably average, be KFC or  a rotisserie chicken or nothing

2) Mushrooms should be illegal

3) Greggs is terrible 

4) keema naan is the best naan

5) sausages / pigs in blankets with every roast dinner or it’s not as good as it could be (I do this every roast dinner, and roast lamb is the king of all roasts)

6) Apple Music over Spotify 

7) Warwickshire la la la, Worcestershire ha ha ha 

8 ) Taylor swift isn’t that fit

9) American pancakes are better than our pancakes

10) peanut butter and jam on toast works!

11 hours ago, kidlewis said:

1) Nando’s is unbelievably average, be KFC or  a rotisserie chicken or nothing

2) Mushrooms should be illegal

3) Greggs is terrible 

4) keema naan is the best naan

5) sausages / pigs in blankets with every roast dinner or it’s not as good as it could be (I do this every roast dinner, and roast lamb is the king of all roasts)

6) Apple Music over Spotify 

7) Warwickshire la la la, Worcestershire ha ha ha 

8 ) Taylor swift isn’t that fit

9) American pancakes are better than our pancakes

10) peanut butter and jam on toast works!

The one legitimately good thing on their menu is the spicy chicken liver. The chicken is generally poor quality, overcooked, lacking in flavour and they certainly con you on the sizes, I don't think I've ever had a proper 'half' a chicken. On top of that prices have gone up a lot in the past 3-4 years.

I recently went to Pepe's chicken and as far as the chicken is concerned it's a lot better. You get a lot more in your half a chicken, it's better quality chicken and not overcooked, it's also a lot cheaper. The sides aren't all that though and Nandos is better there.

• Like 1

I genuinely cannot stand Will Smith. 

Used to love the guy in the 90s, enjoyed his music with Jazzy Jeff, loved the Fresh Prince. But I personally find the guy to be extremely grating and his kids are total morons. Here's the real thing, I think it's an extremely overrated actor. He can only play one character well and that character is Will Smith. Generally (outside of a couple of movies) he's awful when he has to actually act and play another character. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Used to love the guy in the 90s, enjoyed his music with Jazzy Jeff, loved the Fresh Prince. But I personally find the guy to be extremely grating and his kids are total morons. Here's the real thing, I think it's an extremely overrated actor. He can only play one character well and that character is Will Smith. Generally (outside of a couple of movies) he's awful when he has to actually act and play another character. 

Didn’t he go all Scientology? 

On 04/01/2020 at 11:43, Dr_Pangloss said:

His hit rate is actually pretty awful, personally he's had 1 good film in the last decade (concussion) and not that many in the decade before (I robot being his best) 

That said I will be watching bad boys 3 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

His hit rate is actually pretty awful, personally he's had 1 good film in the last decade (concussion) and not that many in the decade before (I robot being his best) 

I like I, Robot, Bad Boys and Men In Black (just the first one)

He's had a good career playing himself in a few decent films 20-25 years ago! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the only film I've ever actually liked with him in it is Enemy of the State and a lot of that carried by the performances of Gene Hackman and Jon Voight.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 03/01/2020 at 20:42, Xela said:

It was in the Midlands. I did some work in a Braggs once (for a surveyor). Greggs also purchased Bakers Oven brand as well, which was quite popular. 

Bakers oven was twice as good as Greggs, and Starkey's was 10,000 times better than Greggs. 

Greggs has destroyed a lot of decent quality bakers in order to peddle their bland mush. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bakers oven was twice as good as Greggs, and Starkies was 10,000 times better than Greggs. 

Greggs has destroyed a lot of decent quality bakers in order to peddle their bland mush. 

Too true. For years there were two main bakery chains in West Yorkshire, Ainsleys and Thurstons. Ainsleys were fantastic, but a bit more expensive than the cheap'n'cheerful Thurstons. Then Greggs took over Thurstons and swamped the market. Ainsleys went out of business. I still mourn them. 

Â