Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't eat humans anymore because Jeff Bezos makes some of them suffer and when I watch the tele and see their sad faces in those warehouses, not able to go for a piss and are paid only enough to buy sellotape to tape the boxes up, which is bought from Amazon, then I feel sad. 

And he is a space man now because of those sad people :( 

Uncanny, I said exactly the same, almost word for word, to my dog this morning.

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

What does he think about it? 

His ears went back, which I took to mean that he doesn't like science fiction and everytime I say Bezos his tail stops wagging.

Edit ... Ah, we just had another chat, he hopes Bezos will be the first man to land on the sun.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The Holte's favorite song always used to be

"one Gareth Barry

There's only one Pablo Angel

One Lee Hennnnnnndrie,

There's only one Dion Dubbbbblin...

One James Milner,

There's only one Olof Mellberg" etc etc.

Yeah, but the Pablo Angel  version was kind of ironic.

I love lamb ... medium rare. But I insist that the lamb's biological components are grown from close to 100 % "vegetable" matter.

I suppose with the exception of hydrogen and possibly lithium in my food, I eat nothing but stardust.

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

One of the world’s most respected living moral philosophers agrees with you. 

I also see the point and can’t convincingly counter it, but largely choose to ignore it. I know it’s wrong of me to do so, and admire your stance. 

My wife and I have discussed this, and come to the same conclusion. 

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My wife and I have discussed this, and come to the same conclusion. 

I'm  the same way. I know intellectually it's right, but I can't kick meat, and I know I will never be able to. I'm glad to see people younger than me are increasingly vegetarian in ever greater proportions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm  the same way. I know intellectually it's right, but I can't kick meat, and I know I will never be able to. I'm glad to see people younger than me are increasingly vegetarian in ever greater proportions. 

And with the lack of protein and vitamins the younger generation will die out early and animals can reclaim  the planet and play out   animal farm to their hearts content 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't know why anyone would stand and piss at anything other than a urinal, other than for masculinity reasons. It's objectively more comfortable to sit.

I've had to stop sitting down at home as tinkle was getting under the toilet seat and staining it yellow. It wouldn't clean up. Had to buy a new one.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bci3g14kb0f3f053yef1

52 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't know why anyone would stand and piss at anything other than a urinal, other than for masculinity reasons. It's objectively more comfortable to sit.

You’re supposed to stand at a urinal? Boy, do I feel silly now. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This really belongs in the Piss (sic) You Off thread, but pertinent to the above... 

Why do some sadistic bastards install toilets with seats that will not stay up? So that you either have to sit down, or stand sideways on and prop the seat up with one knee. Or, worse still, the ones that just barely stay up, finely balanced on a knife edge, until a mouse coughs in Patagonia and it comes crashing down through your stream of piss, scattering it in all directions. 

Designed by women, I can only assume. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This really belongs in the Piss (sic) You Off thread, but pertinent to the above... 

Why do some sadistic bastards install toilets with seats that will not stay up? So that you either have to sit down, or stand sideways on and prop the seat up with one knee. Or, worse still, the ones that just barely stay up, finely balanced on a knife edge, until a mouse coughs in Patagonia and it comes crashing down through your stream of piss, scattering it in all directions. 

Designed by women, I can only assume. 

Are you that well endowed that you need to use two hands directing traffic and don't have one free to stop the seat falling down?

Â