Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

Some excellent opinions @lapal_fan

Mine:

• Football is mostly a force for bad. It breeds tribalism and narrow mindedness, and most people who follow it don't make any effort to understand it. It backs people into corners, where they feel obliged to say stupid things because of something they decided when they were 5 years old. It celebrates sociopathic words removed and bullies, and provides a vehicle for murderous criminals to launder their gains. It manages to be petty and jobsworthy at the same time as being flash and amoral. It often brings out the worst in people. Football humour is the least funny of all forms of humour.
  • Star Wars is shit.
  • Coldplay and Muse are actually objectively shit, not just in a trendy hipster "you sold out" way, but in a factual FFS this is unlistenable crap way.
  • All whisky drinking is alcoholism.
  • Cars are okay, but definitely not worth investing more than a month's wages in.
  • Breaking Bad isn't even in the top 5 TV series of all time.
  • Most people's political opinions are just borrowed stuff they've learnt to say to impress people, and the complete opposite of what they think privately.
  • Domestic violence, sexual harassment, etc. are often a two-way thing. (Edit: in response to @Seat68 - not intending to victim blame at all here, or claim that people normally bring this stuff on themselves. In hindsight, not the best thing to list in a tongue-in-cheek thread.)
  • Most people are not very nice if you really put them in a difficult situation where nobody's watching. But enough people are genuinely nice that it is still worth assuming good faith from everyone.
Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Beer is overrated generally. I'm happy with a shite lager that tastes of nothing.

There's a brewery not too far from me that makes "Mexican Style" lager that is amazing. It's like Corona but actually good.

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There is an unpopular opinion and then there is saying things that are patently wrong and in some cases victim blaming. Sexual harassment and domestic violence are not often a two way thing. 

I think it might happen more often than many people think. (female against male)

35 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think it might happen more often than many people think. (female against male)

That's not two way Thing though. Two way is saying the victim is as much to blame as the perpetrator. I agree that sexual harassment and domestic violence are carried out by females, but that's not what was said. 

I merely disagree with the original statement. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That's not two way Thing though. Two way is saying the victim is as much to blame as the perpetrator. I agree that sexual harassment and domestic violence are carried out by females, but that's not what was said. 

I merely disagree with the original statement. 

I see what you mean. Is that what he meant though?

Oasis are not shit

they do also show you the dirge in music since them as they are still hugely relevant, the last decade in particular was dreadful, I’m 35 years old and oasis are easily the biggest and best English band of my lifetime

and I’ll try and stay away from film music and tv but following last night - how the **** is gavin and Stacey popular? Awful

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:
  •  
  • All whisky drinking is alcoholism.

I'll seek help after Xmas then 😂

Seriously though, I must have at least 20 bottles in my pantry, and I have maybe 3/4 drams per month.

Pale Ale particularly the very Americanised shite with flavours like pink grapefruit and its sold in cans is an abomination. (I.P.A. is a different drink altogether and is mostly fine)

There's a locally brewed one round these parts called Love Lane, utterly contemptible!

Its yet another victory for style over substance

• Like 1

Â