Boxing Day Football 26th December

andykeenan

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

completely. the year Arsenal won the league unbeaten, he team the gap between 4th-10th was 10 points. Last season it was 19 points, the season before it was 31 points and before that 32

A good league is not defined by what you do in Europe

Man. United had likes of Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson playing for them that season. Likes of Spurs and Man. City were mid table nobodies in that period. Chelsea were improving but only in the first year of their takeover.

I'd argue Man. City are a stronger team than anything Arsenal faced that year.

The golden premier league period was imo 2006-11. Look at the core of players the top 6 had in those days, stacked from keeper to forward. When you saw what a 11 we had and it was still a massive struggle to make top 4 then to me that was the strongest premier league period since the 90s.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

The season arsenal went undefeated there was 15 pts between 3rd and 4th. You could argue it was a mediocre league then. 

I personally thought Arsenal were stronger in 97-98 and 2001-02, had a stronger Man. United and Liverpool to hold off in those seasons.

The unbeaten season was of course a very good achievement but to me it's not better than a team getting 100 points like Man. City did or obviously Man. United winning the treble. The invincibles did only win one trophy that season.

Â