Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Which you got cause Deano made it happen. 

What you are saying is that instead of accepting that this will be a season with a lot of losses and shit days, and essentially a season where we WILL be fighting for survival, you want to switch the manager for a short term effect that may or may not happen. Just so you can please your football heart for 5 minutes. It's junkie logic. 

Fact is that very often a team will have to go through rough patches before they get it right. We experienced this with Deano LAST SEASON, yet it seems you and a lot of others already have forgotten it. It's mindboggling really. 

How about we just stick up for Deano and let this play out. It would always be a tough season. Even if we changed manager this season, it would STILL be a relegation fight season. And we would STILL lose a lot of matches. Just unify around Deano instead of being such negative bastards wanting immediate success. 

Criticising him is fine. Discussing what he needs to do better is fine. But going over board and knee jerky wanting massive changes like a new manager is just plain retarded. We've done this the last 10 years. Lets at least follow this project through. 

Smith isnt a PL manager. I will always be grateful to him for getting us up but theres no problem with the club identifying that he isnt up to the job at this level and moving on. I support Villa not Smith.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Jack will be off, maybe even in Jan, he has to be thinking about the Euros and next World Cup. Will be sad to see him go but cannot begrudge it whatsoever.

I agree he will be off but think it will be in the summer not january 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Smith isnt a PL manager. I will always be grateful to him for getting us up but theres no problem with the club identifying that he isnt up to the job at this level and moving on. I support Villa not Smith.

Hate to break it to you. But he is a PL manager. 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We look a better team since going 2 up front - was hardly rocket science but took smith far too long to make the change 

Was gonna say i'm always defending Wesley, but at this point Smith must realise, it's either Kodjia up front alone or kodjia AND Wesley up top!

• Like 1