Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

This will be Southamptons first clean sheet in a long time. We are currently the worst team in the division and I bet Norwich can't wait to play us

Norwich draw at Leicester and are holding wolves.

I'm dreading boxing day 

2 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Are any of the Villa players on the pitch good enough at this level apart from Heaton and Jack? I seriously doubt it. I'd say our defence is the worst in the league.  

A few weeks ago, I posted about how concerned I was we had this amazing player who's clearly good enough for England, good enough for a top club, in our team, but we were still skirting with relegation. 

How **** shit is the rest of our team if Jack is half as good as we think he is? 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So you expect everything right away, like an entitled fan. As much as I suspected.  

Oh do one, patronising. Entitled my arse. You said after we got tanked by Leicester you want Smith to stay even if we are relegated. Space cadet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Changing the mentality of players is the hardest part of management.  Smith is at the point that he has to do that.  We play too casually, too slowly, lose concentration, would rather whine than work harder, IMO, the only way to make this change is to be completely intolerant of it.  Game tape and go ballistic over each instance, then bench the most obvious offenders.  Starting with Jack and yes, I know he just hit a wonder strike.