Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Our lack of threat has to do with the entire attack.  Wesley has been fine this game, doing good layoffs and dribbling up the field with the ball, even having a somewhat threatening shot on goal. El Ghazi and Grealish have done less than him this half.

Yeah, perhaps if he concentrates less on laying the ball off unthreatened in the middle of the park and concentrates more on getting into the box on the end of something I might be impressed 

A really really bad buy - Kodija is useless and is twice the player Wesley is

I must have missed the shots and dribbles you refer to - I just saw a load of arm flapping  and moaning

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Shocking how we’ve wasted £130m on this team - dreadful 

I don’t actually think the recruitment was that bad

Selection, Tactics and ideas are missing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Walsall, Brentford......AVFC!  An people wonder why he ain't doing well with us in the premier League. I knew from the start it was way to early for him.

He achieved what he was brought here to do and did a good job last season - however at this level we need a better manager 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

When has Smith been anything but honest. Criticism is fine but you’re just making up rubbish now. 

I wasn’t talking about Smith but while we’re on it he’ll tell it like it is, like he always does and identify the issues we all see. Then do **** all to change it the following week. 

• Thanks 2