• Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Nakamba (McGinn 7)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 55)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/19 at 23:59

As an aside (to take my mind off more depressing issues), I have never seen a ref that gets more physically in the way than Craig Pawson. Constantly sprinting to stand in the path of the obvious pass – in the hope that he can dummy it, nutmeg himself or swivel away at the last moment. Not surprised that his circus tricks eventually resulted in him hoofing a Villa through-ball. What an absolute clown.

Southampton manager according to the BBC website looked at how Leicester played against us and basically did the same job.

We are predictable and slow. How quick did Leicester and Southampton break and the numbers of players that made themselves available when attacking us? compare that when we attack, it is literally the complete opposite of that.

I am sure the opposition have found the way to stop us and we don't have the answer, and without a solution we are going down.

Southampton players were fighting for every ball because they have been in this position before. Other than Grealish I am not sure if any of our current team have experienced a relegation battle from the premier league before, and worryingly they don't look up to the fight to be honest.

On 22/12/2019 at 18:19, The Fun Factory said:

Well it is Pitarch and Purslow isn't it?  Smith is the head coach, not manager. Purslow made a big point of buying young players  in the summer who will have resell value but I think we do need some experience as well.

DS has also made the point several times that he has final say on if a player comes in or not.  Ultimately, the buck stops with DS and another loss in this period could see the pendulum swing

Â