• Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Nakamba (McGinn 7)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 55)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/19 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

This morning I woke up with the same stinking cold I've had all week, steaming headache, snot filled nose and thought to myself... do I go out, brave the rain and do the Xmas shopping, or stay in the warm and watch the Villa fight for their Premier League status, like their lives depend on it.

Made the right choice. 

Yeah but when are you going to get your Christmas shopping done??

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We should be embarrassed. Newcastle 9th, with a worse team and apparently rubbish manager.

Worse team how do you come to that conclusion? They are top half .

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Worse team how do you come to that conclusion? They are top half .

Funny considering if you go back a month ago or more there were people in here who were scoffing at the idea that Newcastle were better than us. And this is before we even beat them.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And you stop being such a whiny toddler with no fight expecting everything now. You sound far more French than English. 

It's pretty obvious progress is not a linear curve. Like all career paths it goes up and down and there's a lot of work, struggle and shit days before you see what you're worked for. 

That French line is an absolute classic. 

Just wow.

I've learnt not all Brazilian players are good, infact some are terrible, we have 2 of those.

That we have 2 players on the pitch at any one time who know how to head and tackle.

Again those 2 players are the only fighters, today its fred and hause.

That while kodja is limited, those limitations are non existent compared to our lack of goal threat with wes up front.

Heaton 5 slow to claim anything today and didn't dominate his box

Fred 7 only one fighting and when making an error didn't just stand there with hands on his hips.

Engels 6 not dominant blocks well but another who wont tackle

Hause 6 hopeful hoofs but won headers and tried to fight

Target 5 didn't really do anything good defensively or in attack and left space although with jack coming to the defender to collect the ball he wasnt left many options.

El ghazi 3 set the tone in first few minutes, stopped us attacking and gave the ball away under no pressure. Rinse and repeat throughout the match, one of the turn should barge and foul brigade instead of trying to win a header

Louiz 3 appalling, genuinely not seeing anything some clearly are ? Slow, gives up, a shoulder turner, wont tackle and repeatedly refuses to look around for simple passes.

CH 3 shocker today, another shoulder Turner, didn't get going and the 1 set piece he had was rubbish.

Jack 6 only for his last 17 minutes or so otherwise a 4. Lost frustrated and now holding on too long to the ball, not a corner kick taker and not disciplined to keep to his position which pulls the team around shape wise.

McGinn 2 looked terrible in the 4 minutes he was on, pray he gets a rest and comes back as the super john McGinn we love

Wes 1 does nothing, offers slightly less than that and is a waste of a shirt on the pitch at the moment.

Not so marvellous 4 another terrible display, enforcer ? Nope no aggression terrible control.

Trez 4 another who was shocking in the limited time he was on but better than el ghazi today which doesnt say much

Kodja 7.5 who would have thought putting a forward on who moves and is prepared to chase down players and get shots away would effect our game ? Says a lot when hes man of the match for us.

A disaster of a day, normally decent players bottling it, no physical challenges bar shoving into backs. Gutless yet again.

Only fred made any worthwhile challenges, jack getting frustrated yet again.

Some of this is week in week out, same rubbish from same players.

Was excited when we got wes and louiz, now I shudder when either are starting.

Both clearly are not up to it at this stage in our team development.

Disappointed is an understatement for how we played.

Back to the training ground and take some bottle with you !!!!

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And you stop being such a whiny toddler with no fight expecting everything now. You sound far more French than English. 

It's pretty obvious progress is not a linear curve. Like all career paths it goes up and down and there's a lot of work, struggle and shit days before you see what you're worked for. 

What’s with the racism? The French btw are the current world champions in Football. If The ‘ambitious’ board decided tomorrow to do whatever it takes to bring Pochettino in would you and others accept it? 

We need to play 4-2-3-1 with two defensive midfielders and a diamond shaped front 4. Hopefully we can bring in a striker and a winger so the best player we have can play in the free role he needs to be in. Wesley improved when Kodjia came on so that’s some crumb of comfort. 

Financially relegation will be a shocker for us. Our off the ball ‘work’ ( very poor atm) needs to improve. Unfortunately we are regressing since the first half against Manchester United. 

The games are running out and once Villa Park becomes toxic ( in my 31 years of going) it’s rare a manager makes it out.

If you can’t win make sure you don’t lose. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

A truly terrible performance from start to finish. Heaton and Grealish look like the only two players who are good enough at this level which is a travesty. Major changes needed. The problem is that even after spending all that money, there really aren't any appealing options amongst the squad - Jota, Trez, Kodjia, Lansbury, all very much Championship level. 

You could count in El Ghazi, Wesley, Taylor, El Mohamady, Hause to that list.

If I was an owner, I would be looking at the performance of the scouts and management, having spent all that money.

• Like 1

Â