• Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Nakamba (McGinn 7)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 55)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/19 at 23:59

Just now, Spoony said:

How is anything an overreaction????????? We were spanked at home by one of the worst teams in the league and a fellow relegation candidate. We are 100’% going down unless something changes. There aren’t any more excuses that can be made. We’ve played nearly everyone and it’s December. It blows my mind that there aren’t people reacting to this at all. 

Well, at least I don't have 130 miles to drive home after that. What a load of crap.

Southampton did something very similar to Leicester - play a compact 4-4-2, make sure Grealish is closely watched, and leave two quick strikers high.

It's now an obvious vulnerability in Smith's system, especially with Mings out, and he needs to work out how to overcome it, or teams will keep doing it to us every week.

Now McGinn is injured, we should probably start with Wesley and Kodjia up top. I would prefer a 3-5-2, but I imagine it will be a 4-4-2.

I am very disappointed with Smith's decision making today, but #SmithOut is premature. We have key players injured, and our squad has some glaring weaknesses. Deserve to be in the relegation zone at the moment, though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

What would you say is a fair/balanced reaction to getting hammered at home and played off the park by a team that are almost certain to go down with us, and recently lost 9-1?

I've seen enough of us this season to know Deano and the players are capable of keeping us up. We obviously need reinforcements in January, but we are in a rough patch now and as the big picture and long term thinking isn't really a passionate football fans forte, I think I'll pass commenting further. 

We were in a rough patch last year as well. The drama queens were out in action then as well. Deano turned it around. 

Lets just say I think sticking with him and supporting the club will get us further, then choosing the route of a revolving door of managers we've had the last 10 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobSpain said:

Nothing to say about that performance but Merry Christmas everyone on Villa Talk. You all keep me sane whilst supporting our beautiful club. Have a good one all!🎄

Thanks Rob a very Merry Christmas to you too. I’m not sure about the keeping you sane bit though! 😀

• Haha 1

This morning I woke up with the same stinking cold I've had all week, steaming headache, snot filled nose and thought to myself... do I go out, brave the rain and do the Xmas shopping, or stay in the warm and watch the Villa fight for their Premier League status, like their lives depend on it.

Made the right choice. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And you stop being such a whiny toddler with no fight expecting everything now. You sound far more French than English. 

It's pretty obvious progress is not a linear curve. Like all career paths it goes up and down and there's a lot of work, struggle and shit days before you see what you're worked for. 

Jesus lads Knock it off digging at each other

go and kick the next doors dog or better off to the pub with you. Actually we best all stop in tonight 

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Lovely Christmas Present there from the lads.

Bottom 3 for the festive season. 

Happy holidays to everyone.

🎅

Happens almost every year it seems. We may as well just **** forfeit our games around this time of year because they never **** turn up anyway.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And you stop being such a whiny toddler with no fight expecting everything now. You sound far more French than English. 

It's pretty obvious progress is not a linear curve. Like all career paths it goes up and down and there's a lot of work, struggle and shit days before you see what you're worked for. 

It’s the team that has no fight, not me. Carry on sticking your head in the sand pretending everything is ok. 

• Thanks 1

They watched Leicester take us apart, set up in the same way, got their goals and yet again we are reactive instead of proactive. Found out and too stubborn to change. Too many mistakes to compound things. Need Mings back. Dont think we have the quality to amass enough points to survive unfortunately. After Old Trafford i didnt see things getting as bad as this but here we are. Depressing stuff

Â