Christmas episodes of television shows

useless

This from the BBC is good,  In a Slow TV Christmas special, BBC Four rigs a traditional reindeer sleigh with a fixed camera for a magical journey across the frozen wilderness of the Arctic. Following the path of an ancient postal route, the ride captures the traditional world of the Sami people who are indigenous to northern Scandinavia and for whom reindeer herding remains a way of life...

There's no commentary, music or presenter - just the incidental noises heard on the journey itself... Goes well with Christmas but can be watched anytime really.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

This from the BBC is good,  In a Slow TV Christmas special, BBC Four rigs a traditional reindeer sleigh with a fixed camera for a magical journey across the frozen wilderness of the Arctic. Following the path of an ancient postal route, the ride captures the traditional world of the Sami people who are indigenous to northern Scandinavia and for whom reindeer herding remains a way of life...

There's no commentary, music or presenter - just the incidental noises heard on the journey itself... Goes well with Christmas but can be watched anytime really.

It's bloody brilliant. 

On 24/12/2019 at 10:08, ferguson1 said:

Just attempted to get my two kids to watch the Box of Delights from the 80’s. They gave it 10 minutes and said it was rubbish. Granted, not all children are going to like it, but it was considered a classic and magical in our house growing up. Never mind.

Sell your children.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I'm watching Box of Delights myself I'd never heard of it but it might be one of the best TV shows I've ever seen, the special affects are amazing.

It was pretty groundbreaking at the time. I still love it now and it gets a dusting off the shelf during December every year.  Magical stuff and glad you’re enjoying it 👍

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 19/12/2019 at 22:12, It's Your Round said:

Please nobody post anything to do with Mrs Brown’s Boys!

I’ll have to delete my account if you do. 

Love that Gold are showing all the Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas specials at the moment 😉

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Gavin & Stacey Christmas Special for me.

The actual programme, meh, but a load of mates got a load of work out of it, including being extras in the background of some of the scenes. Oh, and it was filmed in the height of the summer, through July & August, so they had an icecream van parked at the end of the street to say thanks and sorry for the disruption. I could just get off my seat out the garden, pop over the road for a couple of free 99’s and take them back to the house to eat in peace n quiet. Which I did several times.

That’s a good Christmas Special.

Actually quite like the programme tbh, just need another Christmas special to find out Smithys answer!

• Like 1

Just now, dubbs said:

Actually quite like the programme tbh, just need another Christmas special to find out Smithys answer!

...it’s on the way...

Or at least, houses and locations and bus and catering companies etc., are all currently being asked to sign NDA’s.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

Love that Gold are showing all the Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas specials at the moment 😉

Thanks for the tip off, can you tell me what channel Gold is on Virgin Media so I can take special care not to accidentally land on it when channel surfing. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Thanks for the tip off, can you tell me what channel Gold is on Virgin Media so I can take special care not to accidentally land on it when channel surfing. 

124 mate 👍

• Thanks 1

Â