Most overrated band ever?

Oaks

I like The Beatles. However if someone made a case for “Sgt Pepper’s…” being one of, if not the most overrated album ever, I’d probably find myself agreeing with a fair few of the points. For me, the inclusion of “A day in the life” is the main saving grace.

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Came here to say Foo Fighters again. Just totally average for me

Kind of agree, their early stuff is great but I went off them around the time The Pretender came out. I liked that song but don’t remember anything else after it and it’s all been identikit bland rock since. Still love them though. 

• Like 1

And whilst we're at it, The Rolling Stones. Four brilliant albums and some early singles... The rest? mostly bollocks

(Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed & Sticky Fingers & Exile on Main St) That leaves 26 albums of mostly shite

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blandy said:

I hate them. They're not "shit" at all, as musicians - that's not why I hate them. It's the sound they make that I hate. It's unlistenable for me. A fair chunk of that is down to the production, I guess, some down to Mercury's voice, some to the keys and chords they use. Muse have the same effect on me, as do a handful of other bands.

Oh, and they wrote loads of shit songs :).

Muse are a good shout. The sonic version of magnolia paint.

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Came here to say Foo Fighters again. Just totally average for me

Everything up to and including One By One is positively underrated, and I love Dave Grohl like a dear family member, but I’ve stopped listening to their new stuff a long time ago.

I have very similar feelings about REM. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yep, how they still pack out stadiums is beyond me but they do

Still have a big fan following.

Their albums 'Hot Fuss' and 'Sam's Town were not bad but everything else after has been not that good. I would say one decent song on each album since.

Â