Aston Villa in the last decade

Jimzk5

There is so many, so I'll try to avoid the obvious ones and mention a few others that are yet to be.

The Ross McCormack Gategate saga.

The Lescott tweet.

Losing Dalian, Ugo & Jlloyd far too early.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure Watford fans might disagree 😂

They actually put up a fight. Could have honestly been 2-0 up. They just came up against probably the best PL side in history. No shame there apart from the scoreline. Whereas we may as well not have been there. It would have been less embarrassing if we forfeit the match beforehand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

There is so many, so I'll try to avoid the obvious ones and mention a few others that are yet to be.

The Ross McCormack Gategate saga.

The Lescott tweet.

Losing Dalian, Ugo & Jlloyd far too early.

That was tragic.

I'll try and be diplomatic by saying that was and will always be a sure sign it's time to take your millions and move on in life.

Though the very fact he made such a tweet makes me wonder what his motivations in football were long before that blunder.

Purely insulting and ungrateful spoiled brat who thinks he's better and above the hard work that feeds him, surprised he can wipe his own ass.

Yeah, that one really got to me.

I'm going for the 3 highs of the decade and the 3 lows

Lows

• Losing the Playoff Final in 2018, genuinely one of the worst days in football I've ever experienced and took me months to get over.
  • The Summer of 2018 when it looked like Aston Villa would be gone forever.
  • The 2015/16 season, the most miserable season I have ever witnessed from start to finish with the club being toxic from top to bottom.

Highs

• Winning promotion back to the Premier League at Wembley. You couldn't ask for a better way to do it, a day I'll never forget.
  • The appointment of Dean Smith. The first managerial appointment of the decade that was thought out, it felt like we finally had our club back together.
  • The rise of Jack Grealish. For years it was talked about that there was a talent in the youth teams, but to have watched him come through from the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley, the injuries along the way, taking up the captaincy and then lifting the Playoff Final last season. Proud is an understatement.

1. FA Cup final - not a shot on goal.....pathetic

2.Bolton at home under McLeish, atmosphere was toxic and it was then I realised we were not just having a bad patch.

3.Chelsea

4.Bradford

5.The Albion defeats. Hard to take at the time.....although we have now recovered some pride.

As I only started taking my son about 7yrs ago my saddest moments would be:

1) 'Dad did we honestly used to be good'

2) 'Dad do you think we'll get to see us win this season?

3) 'Dad do you think we'll ever get out of the Championship?

4) 'Dad I think Leroy Fer would be a cracking signing'

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

what was this?

Posted a photo of a new mecedes after we lost and then made some shitty excuse about posting by mistake.

Apart from many of the ones mentioned already, having this utter man-child bellend of a charlatan in charge of my club really, really **** me off...

spacer.png

rocket polisher.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Â