Aston Villa in the last decade

Jimzk5

Couldnt find a suitable thread to put this in, Mods please move if needed 

The bbc have produced a table of premier league clubs performances from 2009/10 season till now, it makes for pretty grim viewing for villa

In those years we were in the premier league, we played 263 games, amassing an embarrassing 63 wins, 75 draws and 125 defeats and a -151 goal difference over those games, only 7 teams fair worse than us in the average points per game

In that time we've gone through 6 managers, 7 if you count dean Smith (not counting RDM or Bruce in the championship)

So as the decade draws to an end what were your 3 lowest points in that time?

My 3 

The fa cup final defeat

Bradford humiliation

The 15 - 0 run of games over Christmas

I guess the times i've felt saddest about villa, like borderline tears sad:

Summer of '18 in the weeks following our playoff defeat. Genuinely concerned our club might go under

Stoke equaliser after being 2 up. That day every fan, player, and member of coaching staff knew that champions league dream had gone, even though we were very much still in the mix. Something about that goal meant that we all just KNEW. how different things might have been.

Weirdly, last Saturday is right up there. I had a real meltdown after a few too many and was out with a bunch of chirpy bournemouth fans who look like they're staying up once again whereas we're right in the shitter.

If i thought about it hard enough i could probably think of others. The relegation season i cant even say i was sad at the end...it has been on the cards for years so it was just so inevitable

55 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Couldnt find a suitable thread to put this in, Mods please move if needed 

The bbc have produced a table of premier league clubs performances from 2009/10 season till now, it makes for pretty grim viewing for villa

In those years we were in the premier league, we played 263 games, amassing an embarrassing 63 wins, 75 draws and 125 defeats and a -151 goal difference over those games, only 7 teams fair worse than us in the average points per game

In that time we've gone through 6 managers, 7 if you count dean Smith (not counting RDM or Bruce in the championship)

So as the decade draws to an end what were your 3 lowest points in that time?

My 3 

The fa cup final defeat

Bradford humiliation

The 15 - 0 run of games over Christmas

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Spoony

56 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

your 3 lowest points in that time?

• Petrov getting Leukemia (he seems like a genuine big heart, his kids and wife man)
  • Appointment of McLeish (this just had train wreck written all over it)
  • Sale of Milner and Ashley Young (both still playing at the top)
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:
  • Petrov getting Leukemia (he seems like a genuine big heart, his kids and wife man)

I spoke to Stan on Monday night on the train from Moor Street (Birmingham) to KIdderminster... I was off scouting at West Brom u23 vs Fulham u23 match!!!

He is a proper good guy to talk too i told him i was off scouting at the match and also about my Aplastic Anaemia aged 8 and how i beat that which is very similar to Leukaemia that he had and also beat. First time i have ever met him.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

I will go for football related issues as lot of personal stuff off the pitch has happened to Villa people

1. Tony Xia

2. Bradford

3. Kolo Toure popping up to make it 6-0 to show that relegation team was a complete laughing stock

honourable mentions. Christmas 2012, cup upsets, Fa Cup final, the tactics at Spurs, Fulham, Richards and Lescott

Has been a brilliant decade 

Sitting in a curry house near Wembley after witnessing a Villa side not even lay on a punch on the opposition in the final. Knowing what we had just done wasn't sustainable and that we were going to go to the **** wall.

That was a bad time. Relegation was a relief compared to that day.

Being 2-0 up at the King Power Stadium and making the future champions look like mugs. Sat watching it thinking, f**k me, we look a really good team! As false dawns go.......

Watching the most one sided FA Cup Final in history and seeing Tim Sherwood stood on the touchline looking like a rabbit in headlights.

Dalian Atkinson passing away. Had a tear in my eye when Match Of The Day played out the show with his goal against Wimbledon.

Oh and being the very first team to be knocked out of the 3rd round of the FACup when we lost to Millwall on a Friday night has always stuck in my throat.

Edited by CoNnErS

6 hours ago, useless said:

Losing the play-off final against Fulham was the worst I've ever felt from a game of football.

FA Cup final was even worse. Most abject performance ever on the biggest stage in English football. Just utterly humiliating.

Having to put up with that rocket polisher Bacuna, I’ve never felt so much anger for someone I’ve never met. From him fighting the ref, fighting his own players because they were better than him at a freekick, to him laughing when we were relegated. Horrible

The bradford semi final. We had a chance for a trophy, we could’ve won the cup, we play a league one side over two legs. We mess it up badly. Lambert showing his tactical genius of 4 strikers who all stood next to each other and never got the ball.

14/15 season, the football we played was atrocious, it made me hate the sport I’d loved since a child. It’s only been the last year where I have started watching other matches again outside of Villa. 

Losing the FA Cup final to Arsenal was no great surpise, losing the play-off final meant we had to suffer the humiliation and indignity of spending a third season in the championship, and also put the very future of the club in jeopardy. In some ways looking back it turned out to be one of the best moments, but at the time there couldn't have been a greater catastrophe for the club to bear even in it's worst nightmares.

Edited by useless

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The bradford semi final. We had a chance for a trophy, we could’ve won the cup, we play a league one side over two legs. We mess it up badly. Lambert showing his tactical genius of 4 strikers who all stood next to each other and never got the ball.

League 2. They were midtable in League **** 2.

• Thanks 1

Â