The Ghanaian Village Crazy about Aston Villa!

MikeMcKenna

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

To defend Risso here, that is absolutely not what he said.

I read it as "how do we punish them if they're not villa fans?". What if they're not even based in the UK.

Whoever they are, Villa fans or not, British or not, they should be arrested.

Exactly, thanks mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

The problem is it could so easily be a bunch of bitter noses doing what they do and sinking to astonishingly low depths to feed their sad & pathetically infantile hatred. It has to be Twitter who step in but the club should do something to embrace them in my view.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Whoever they are, Villa fans or not, British or not, they should be arrested.

Can I vote that whoever it is be the first to be stoned to death at half time in what's going to be the new St James Park Saudi Arena? loathsome t055er!

Meanwhile in Gambia. (sorry to link the Brum Mail)

Here's how the Gambia Lions support their club 4,000 miles from Villa Park

The Gambia Lions are a passionate group of Aston Villa fans that support the Premier League club from Busumbala in West Africa

Gambia Lions are flying the claret and blue flag overseasThe entire village is 'Villa till I die!'

The Gambia Lions might reside in the smallest country within mainland Africa, but with a big heart for Aston Villa that bleeds a deep claret and blue, their unwavering support for Dean Smith's side is for all to see and hear.

Pulses race and smiles from cheek to cheek stretch wider than the Gambia River - which runs through a country becoming popular for its resident Villa fan group - when games are screened in the local bar in Busumbala, a small village located 10 miles off the Atlantic coastline.

With a population small enough to be housed under the Holte End roof with thousands of seats to spare, Busumbala was a little-known community to the outside world until young and old began to bask in a daily celebration of the Birmingham-based Premier League club.

Founder of the Gambia Lions, Ebrima Sonko, has supported Villa for the best part of six years through a period of time that tested the loyalty and commitment of a proud fan base for the first time in over a generation...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gambia-lions-mcginn-aston-villa-20829166

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder that these guys are awesome. Sorry if I missed anything but the club must be aware of these guys. Have they done anything for them (like send them some merch or whatever)? They’re certainly doing their bit to build our profile!

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Just a reminder that these guys are awesome. Sorry if I missed anything but the club must be aware of these guys. Have they done anything for them (like send them some merch or whatever)? They’re certainly doing their bit to build our profile!

Looking at that last vid they’re all in a similar shirt so wondering if the club or someone’s organised it for them. Or they’ve sorted it themselves of course 

Edited by a m ole

• 1 month later...

If we could set up a football academy whereby football and of course AVFC is the big draw, but providing a full education in all subjects is the objective. A proper infrastructure, buildings full of the stuff that we take for granted over here. Books, technology and of course teachers.

Looking at it purely from a PR angle it’s surely, if done properly, a no brainier. It could spawn academies all over Africa, that could in turn unearth countless players for us. But most of all we should do it because it’s the right thing to do. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/everyone-thought-i-was-footballer-30704809

Aston Villa fan Amando attended his very first Villa match in Valencia earlier this month, but got more than he bargained for when locals mistook him for an actual footballer

Good article on the Ghana lions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â