Jump to content

The Ghanaian Village Crazy about Aston Villa!


MikeMcKenna
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wonderful stuff. The club should help them, it would be great PR but most of all it is the right thing to do. They’re part of our family. 

Definitely, love these guys already. Would be amazing to have them down here and they would absolutely love it too! Hope we can help them out and strengthen their bond with the club…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 29/05/2021 at 12:06, Jas10 said:

Could we set up some kind of academy there? You never know, we might find the next gem…

The club needs to get in touch with them and help out… 

Unstable countries who need money rarely get it because the people in charge take it from the people it was meant for.

I do however think we could have football schools across Africa even if its footbalks, portable goal posts, villa home and away shirts and 3 coaches at each one. There are talented players everywhere, they just need a chance to be discovered.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, brummybloke said:

Unstable countries who need money rarely get it because the people in charge take it from the people it was meant for.

I do however think we could have football schools across Africa even if its footbalks, portable goal posts, villa home and away shirts and 3 coaches at each one. There are talented players everywhere, they just need a chance to be discovered.

Yeah, all too often the case sadly.

Would be nice if the club could get in touch with them directly and offer some support. Again, would be amazing to have them over for games and what an atmosphere they would create!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
On 17/12/2019 at 22:27, MikeMcKenna said:

 

If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye.....Nothing will.

What I would give to see their faces in Villa Park or on their own pitch.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2021 at 15:34, Jas10 said:

Yeah, all too often the case sadly.

Would be nice if the club could get in touch with them directly and offer some support. Again, would be amazing to have them over for games and what an atmosphere they would create!

Same with all charities I think, big ones especially. It's something stupid like an eighth of a pence of every pound donated to Oxfam actually gets to the people it was meant for. Also they have one of the biggest office buildings in the city of London and their biggest expenditure is not on charitable causes, but lawyers. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Same with all charities I think, big ones especially. It's something stupid like an eighth of a pence of every pound donated to Oxfam actually gets to the people it was meant for. Also they have one of the biggest office buildings in the city of London and their biggest expenditure is not on charitable causes, but lawyers. 

Solidarity not charity, always. Exactly why the club should be reaching out to these lads directly - would love to have the Ghana lions in the Holte for the first full capacity game back at Villa Park 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, TRO said:

If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye.....Nothing will.

What I would give to see their faces in Villa Park or on their own pitch.

That was an amazing video!

Would love to just walk down the street there and see what happened if I sang the first verse of:
"John Carew, Carew"

and see if the whole village just burst into song!

But they love our club...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Solidarity not charity, always. Exactly why the club should be reaching out to these lads directly - would love to have the Ghana lions in the Holte for the first full capacity game back at Villa Park 

The costs involved would be prohibitive. 1 to 2 grand per person, a village, who do you allow ? Visas passports ? 

It would be far more realistic and beneficial for the club to maybe sponsor them for a season or the club to provide excess clothing to them each year from the previous seasons stock.

Or set up a foundation charity which they and.the public can donate to, for improvement and infrastructure be it for football or for basics.

I cant see the club spending 50k plus flying in 20 of the guys, transfer, hotels, food.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TRO said:

If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye.....Nothing will.

What I would give to see their faces in Villa Park or on their own pitch.

I believe in the same God as that guy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2021 at 17:32, brummybloke said:

Unstable countries who need money rarely get it because the people in charge take it from the people it was meant for.

I do however think we could have football schools across Africa even if its footbalks, portable goal posts, villa home and away shirts and 3 coaches at each one. There are talented players everywhere, they just need a chance to be discovered.

Ghana really isn't unstable. Its basically the model democracy from an governance and development perspective. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
6 minutes ago, Dale said:

Ghana really isn't unstable. Its basically the model democracy from an governance and development perspective. 

I think that's correct. It would need the villa to help.  If the owners are informed of our wishes then you never know. If Jack or the next king get involved for example then anything could happen. Costs are easy.  Match day. A few quid each is 100 k. We should help with a pitch for a start. It would be such a great thing to do.  Make a film about it. They love the club as much as us. Circumstances means they can't go to VP.  Let's show the world what it to be the Villa. Big six....**** em. We are and always will be the original big club.  Money can be transferred direct to the village.  All they need is internet. In 2021 anything is possible.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think that's correct. It would need the villa to help.  If the owners are informed of our wishes then you never know. If Jack or the next king get involved for example then anything could happen. Costs are easy.  Match day. A few quid each is 100 k. We should help with a pitch for a start. It would be such a great thing to do.  Make a film about it. They love the club as much as us. Circumstances means they can't go to VP.  Let's show the world what it to be the Villa. Big six....**** em. We are and always will be the original big club.  Money can be transferred direct to the village.  All they need is internet. In 2021 anything is possible.

 

I would gladly contribute.....it just needs genuine organisation to make it happen.

Humility, is one of lifes most powerful commodities....I think your suggestions have merit.

What better advert for our club than those amazing lads.....and it makes their lives better in the process.......win/win.

I hope someone has the drive, nous and initiative to do it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

That was an amazing video!

Would love to just walk down the street there and see what happened if I sang the first verse of:
"John Carew, Carew"

and see if the whole village just burst into song!

But they love our club...

with a passion...that even I find hard to comprehend..

I found the whole thing overwhelming...their positivity is off the scale.....imagine them coming on the pitch before a game, how could we lose.

dare I say it.....that little bunch is worth the Holte End.....Amazing.

ps play that video in the dressing room, before every match....better than Deans Team Talk.

Edited by TRO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

Quote

Visiting Villa Park remains a distant dream for Ebrima and many other fan groups across the world, but it won’t stop the Gambia Lions being heard over 5,000 miles from their spiritual home.

“It’s my dream, it’s my destiny,” Ebrima admits.

“To watch a match at Villa Park one day would be amazing because our fan club would love it. I hope one day it can happen because even today I’ve seen on Facebook that people want to help raise money to get the Gambia Lions to Villa Park next year to watch them there.

 

“I know the fans are good people and there are a lot of supportive people around the world also. I can see that Villa is so much more than a family."
 

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â