The Ghanaian Village Crazy about Aston Villa!

MikeMcKenna

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I’ve tried contacting the club a few times on Twitter to try and get them to send some kits. No response.

I’ve also tried George Boeteng who is back at Villa and from Ghana but no response. 🙁

Is it something we can do ourselves? We must have loads of old villa tops between us. I wouldn't mind losing a few to this. A bunch of us chip in for postage and bob's your uncle. I'd be happy to try and organise if no one else fancies it?

1 minute ago, blunther said:

Is it something we can do ourselves? We must have loads of old villa tops between us. I wouldn't mind losing a few to this. A bunch of us chip in for postage and bob's your uncle. I'd be happy to try and organise if no one else fancies it?

Wouldn’t want to give away my shirts, they will go to my boys.

I’d happily buy a couple from eBay though or chip in to buy some new ones for next season.

Such a missed opportunity from the club and Kappa, imagine that as a part of a kit launch... sending a load of new kits to a Villa mad village in Ghana.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm in the USA, can I get some free gear too?

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’ll organise a concert for you. Someone phone Bono. 

Geldoff is the man. 

Just give us your F in kits. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy respect to the village and the initiators.  I tried doing something similar in Nepal and Villa (Steve Stride specifically) was kind enough to send over a whole bunch of used kits. I distributed them to footballers at a club I was sponsoring. However, as the years passed pretty much all the footballers ended up following the glamour clubs.  Very disappointing.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Ghana's Villa village: 'Tears of joy' after McGrath phone call

By Piers Edwards & Peter Musembi BBC Sport Africa

The head of an Aston Villa supporters club in Ghana has explained how he shed tears of joy after his hero Paul McGrath phoned him in response to a video posted online by the BBC.

Owusu Boakye heads up the Ghana Lions supporters club in Juaben, where he estimates at least 10% of the village's 10,000 inhabitants support Aston Villa.

A day after BBC Sport Africa posted a video in which Owusu explained how his grand-father used to tell him stories about McGrath being a 'god' of football, the latter spoke to the disbelieving Ghanaian.

More

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I love these guys.

Wonderful absolutely wonderful. Get these guys to Villa Park ASAP the place will go crazy!!  The club could fly them all over and look after them, for less than Jack’s wages for a day.

Make it happen Purslow!!!

Â