January 2020 transfers

villa4europe

Bayern doing a Bayern and signing Schalke GK and captain Alexander Nubel on a free when his contract expires in the summer.

Germany U21 goalie following in the steps of Manuel Neuer. He will bexpected to replace Neuer both at Bayern and in the national side.

• Sad 1

Raul de tomas to Espanyol from Benfica 20m

signed by them in july also for 20m, came through Madrid's youth system, never kicked a ball for them, had a strike rate of 1 in 2 whilst on loan in the 2nd division, scored 3 goals in 17 games for Benfica before they shipped him out

transfer prices are mental

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cutrone leaving Wolves for Fiorentina for 16million, bit of a financial loss for Wolves

3 league goals for Milan last season, even at his best he only scored 10 league goals in a season. Not sure what they were expecting, he's just not very good.

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

3 league goals for Milan last season, even at his best he only scored 10 league goals in a season. Not sure what they were expecting, he's just not very good.

He only turned 22 a few days ago so I imagine they signed him for potential.

Scoring 10 as an 18/19 y.o in Serie A is still pretty good.

• Like 2

That's what they did with lo celso right? And there was a rumour the other day that levy was trying to negotiate a lower price than the original option to buy amount. I guess the logic is to try unsettle the player so much due to them being on loan for so long that you can try low-ball the asking price.

I guess it keeps wages down aswell? 

Edited by Bugzy1991

8 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

That's what they did with lo celso right? And there was a rumour the other day that levy was trying to negotiate a lower price than the original option to buy amount. I guess the logic is to try unsettle the player so much due to them being on loan for so long that you can try low-ball the asking price.

I guess it keeps wages down aswell? 

Classic bit of Levyerage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I think Duda is a good signing for Norwich, although I'm surprised it's that end of the pitch they are looking at. He had a great 18/19 season at Hertha.

He's a good player but a right little bellend.

Short loan is good move for Norwich, have a look at him.

Looks like Sancho is working on engineering himself a move away from Germany.

Posting a what looks like professionally made (sponsored by Dubai) little travel video on Instagram of him going to Dubai and living lavish. Ending it with a similar gilded steak that got Ribery in trouble

Might be harmless but a Big no-no in Germany.

Hope he understands he is being used by the Saudi regime to promote them.

Edited by sne

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

Why do you say that (just out of interest)?

Dude on reddit summed it up better than I...

Attitude problems at Legia and Hertha. Second season at Hertha Dardai complained about his working levels during practices, at Legia they complained about him playing game for himself. When Legia rejected Inter offer for him (too much bonuses) he pouted in the media and generally started to play real bad. Now he got benched at Hertha and he is back complaining to the media how Hertha "doesn't want him" and he's not "welcomed" there.

Being in PL may humble him a bit? Good player definitely if they can stop him moaning.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Looks like Sancho is working on engineering himself a move away from Germany.

Posting a what looks like professionally made (sponsored by Dubai) little travel video on Instagram of him going to Dubai and living lavish. Ending it with a similar gilded steak that got Ribery in trouble

Might be harmless but a Big no-no in Germany.

Hope he understands he is being used by the Saudi regime to promote them.

What is the no-no part of it? Advertising anything thru socials?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What is the no-no part of it? Advertising anything thru socials?

Apparently flaunting with your wealth is not something you do in Germany.

At least not like that. It's seen as disrespectful and the clubs usually see it as something their players should not do.

Getting slated in the German press.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Apparently flaunting with your wealth is not something you do in Germany.

At least not like that. It's seen as disrespectful and the clubs usually see it as something their players should not do.

Good for Germany. I find that stuff revolting. 

• Like 2

Â