Match Thread: LC5 Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There need to be questions about the commentary on Sky. I mean, they’re meant to be impartial. Saying ‘they deserve a goal’, ‘a goal is coming’, etc, isn’t good enough. 

They obviously fancied an upset tonight and it wasn't to be!!

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Originally was a midfielder, only switched when he came to Europe playing in the Slovenian League or something. Still thinks like a mid often I think.

That would make a lot of sense, he is often aware of which pass should be played next and where his teammates want to receive the ball.

That's all well and good by the way, but from where I sit he needs to develop attributes and qualities that complement a forwards or strikers role, and fast.

I wonder what his role was in midfield because he isn't blessed with a lot of pace, which I think gets mistaken for him being lazy, which he isn't.

He makes commendable efforts to close down opposition passing lanes for prolonged periods at every chance, which shows his stamina.

Unfortunately he's just too slow to cover the ground in time to be a real nuisance, which negates his constant efforts to close down and intercept.