• Jota
    • Kodjia
    • Trézéguet
    • Wesley (Kodjia 73)
    • Hause (Chester 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/12/19 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair, Wesley can finish when he gets the chance, he just needs to stay forward a bit more and play less deep.

Jota played some nice little touches, one of the few players for us who actually looked like he had some classy play in him, you can see Wesley likes playing with him also, whenever Jota gets the ball wesley is making runs as he's half expecting that defence cutting pass, i really thing Jota could play the central AM role in the midfield trio, pace less important there, and the guy has some class passes in his locker, no doubt.

Konsa looked decent, Kodjia took his chances.

Nyland made some really good saves but his distribution was a bit iffy.

Trez was gash pretty much all game except for the assist at the end.

Elmo was ok.

most players were pretty gash tho tbh, dont let the 5-0 scoreline fool us, we got out played for large chunks of that game, and if it wasnt for Nyland we could have easily conceded 3, or possibly 4.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair, Wesley can finish when he gets the chance, he just needs to stay forward a bit more and play less deep.

Jota played some nice little touches, one of the few players for us who actually looked like he had some classy play in him, you can see Wesley likes playing with him also, whenever Jota gets the ball wesley is making runs as he's half expecting that defence cutting pass, i really thing Jota could play the central AM role in the midfield trio, pace less important there, and the guy has some class passes in his locker, no doubt.

Konsa looked decent, Kodjia took his chances.

Nyland made some really good saves but his distribution was a bit iffy.

Trez was gash pretty much all game except for the assist at the end.

Elmo was ok.

most players were pretty gash tho tbh, dont let the 5-0 scoreline fool us, we got out played for large chunks of that game, and if it wasnt for Nyland we could have easily conceded 3, or possibly 4.

Not outplayed sitting back because they were never going to score 4. Reasonable tactic when 4 up at half time

Yes their kids performed ok. Looked better against us than most expected. Congratulations. Well done. But all this they were brave, their heads never dropped. Give me a break! Of course they kept trying. It was unbelievable experience for them. Playing in front of 30k people in game televised around the world. If they'd quit when they were down, that would have been news. Not the fact that they kept trying.

• Like 1

We obviously eased up in the second half, wrongly or rightly it would have been deemed as bad sportsmanship if we'd have scored another four or five goals in the second half against a team of academy players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We obviously eased up in the second half, wrongly or rightly it would have been deemed as bad sportsmanship if we'd have scored another four or five goals in the second half against a team of academy players.

Rightly. Was about game management.  Everyone fit and pushing for Saturday.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Good: We win comfortably and two of our strikers boost their confidence. Nyland great. No injuries or suspensions.

Not great: watching their youth team at times dominating open play, looking sharper, more cohesive, and more motivated. 

Kodjia and Nyland were superb.
No one had a bad game not even Taylor.

All respect to the Liverpool side, they did well and if it wasn't for Nyland I think they could have scored a few, but Trez could have had a hat-trick, Kodjia should have grabbed a few more, so i think the scoreline could have been far bigger on both sides.

I just hope some of this performance translates to the next league game.

• Like 1

Shocking Sky ran out of time to show Smith's interview, but gave under 23's coach 3 minutes of air time.

Although he did say Terry and Smith went into there dressing room and praised the team. Also the coach (not sure of his name) said some good things like he had full respect for us, we played with high respect looking after there team keeping the fouls down and  said he would never forget the game or when we came to the dressing room with praise, nice guy.

• Like 3

Given we have just beaten Liverpool 5-0 and got through to the semi finals of the League Cup, I feel strangely underwhelmed. Thinking of giving Nyland MOTM which is quite telling but I think Kodj Just about shaded it. 

Shocking how marginalised the League Cup has become but we may have a chance of winning it.

I think the scoreline papers over some massive cracks in this 'team'.

2nd best for most of the 1st half but for 2 moments of good fortune, and a quality finish.

Several top saves from Nyland.  Could have been a very different story.

Nyland - 9 my motm.  Made 4 or 5 quality stops.  His passing is dreadful, but if he makes that many quality saves every game, i think i'd take that.

Taylor - 4 absolutely dire.  Cant defend at all.  Kills almost every attack and hurls abuse at others for not doing his job for him.  Elliott might be a good player, but taylor made him look far better than he is.

Chester - 6 didnt do much wrong or right really.  Great to see him back.  But i think he is finished in the PL.

Konsa - 6 similar to chester, not much right or wrong.

Elmo - 6 god he annoys me.  One minute he is controlling it and putting about great passes/crosses the next he is giving it away too easily in dangerous positions.  I hope he isnt still here next season.

Luiz - 6 yes, he made some great passes and looked good on the ball at times.  He also spent a lot of time hiding from the defence the wrong side of an opponent and giving hospital passes back to defence.  There is a player in there, he just needs to learn not to need 50 touches and 20 minutes on the ball to do it.

Hourihane - 6 another who irritates me.  Great left foot, but thays about it.  Massive bottler.  Pulls out of challenges about 30 seconds before they happen and lacks aggression.

Lansbury - 6 looked like he was playing up front most of the game.  Closed down well and great energy, but wasteful with the ball and lacked any real quality.

Trez - 5 tries hard, has got pace, but either doesnt know how to use it or just isnt good enough to make the most of it.

Jota - 5 yeah, great feet, but he was done by half time and has no pace.  I cant see him ever playing well in the PL.

Kodjia - 8 great poachers goal and 2 very nice finishes.  What more can you ask?  He is lazy, selfish and his passing is poor, but he was close to his best tonight.

Wes - 7 put himself about a bit and got a very nice goal.  Another though who looks lazy when not near the ball.

Hause - 6 cant really recall him doing anything of note.  Looks to have lost a bit of weight.

Smith - 6 yeah, we won 5 - 0 but it could easily have been so different.  He continues to frustrate me with late and unused subs.  The midfield was crying out for fresh legs from 60m and he did nothing.  Yeah he maybe didnt want to risk mcginn and grealish but it could just as easily meant one of those on the pitch getting injured - i just dont get it.

It'll be a very different team against southampton, and a very different proposition, but the players will take some confidence from this, and fingers crossed for a similar scoreline!

Â