• Jota
    • Kodjia
    • Trézéguet
    • Wesley (Kodjia 73)
    • Hause (Chester 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/12/19 at 23:59

The most important thing was avoiding the banana skin, which we thankfully did.

First 10 minutes we played with no structure, we looked so lethargic and I think the players were expecting a walkover win with no challenge. On another day Liverpool would've taken the early lead and it would've been a different evening. Thankfully two quick-fire goals which were a little lucky settled the nerves and the game was never really in doubt after that. 

I thought in the second half we were allowed to play some really nice football but ultimately with no end result coming from it. Made up that Wesley managed to get a goal at last, but Kodjia writes the headlines with some really well-executed goals.

Big big credit to the Liverpool team who played very well, the scoreline didn't truly reflect that but they were impressive given the circumstances.

I think everyone can go away happy - Villa got a win and a confidence boost, and Liverpool put in a good performance which was all they could have hoped for.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I wonder how many we would have needed to score for Sky to say the kids were poor. 10, 15 maybe.  Might be kids but 5-0 at Villa's lazy pace is a drumming.

Their keeper made 3-4 good saves in the second half too. 

Good result. Beat the team in front of us, got goals for our strikers, didn’t concede. 

Wes and Kodj will take a lot of confidence from that. 

sky commentary / punditry was atrocious - sounded like we were listening to liverpoolTV 

• Thanks 1

Liverpool do have some serious talent coming through. Still though have some of that scousers! 5-0. **** off.

Impossible to put it more in the corner than Wes did at the end. Hopefully that will get him going a bit. Hard to read too much into that. Southampton will be a very different side and situation. Looked sloppy at times and then very very efficient at others. Bigger tests to come but 5-0 will do. 

• Like 1

Gonna look great in the record books in  the future , Champions of Europe , Premier League winners and lost to us 5-0 , unless they shove in the Liverpool  u23  0 villa 5,  and after listening to the crap Alan Smith was spouting it wouldn't surprise me.

Liverpool were hopeless in defence, we looked clinical but disjointed . 

• Like 1

Shows how negative and poor we play in patches which against better opposition loses us games.

The amount of times we played it to louis only for him to knock it straight back to the defender rather than turn with the ball was embarrassing.

Played us into trouble countless times when we should have been moving it forwards or sideways.

That was why we looked so poor, midfield and taylor and Elmo knocking it back 85% of the time. Unnecessary and risky.

Some decent finishes including wes who I really dont think is doing anything for the team.

Well done nyland clean sheet good saves and despite having the ball played back unnecessarily several times only made a few wayward kicks.

Voted for kodja mom due to playing like a forward.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 2

Great performance, bossed it from start to finish, really looked like men vs boys.......

......that’s what I was hoping to come in and write at full time but it really wasn’t that. They were the better team first half by a distance, second half we were probably marginally the better, both teams could and should have scored more.

Nylands shot stopping was superb (if not unconventional at times) but I can’t give motm to someone who scares the shit out of me every time it goes near him, his kicking was awful. Honourable mention for Taylor who continues to kill any momentum in attack and be totally passive in defence and Trez who continues to look like a headless chicken most of the time.

More questions than answers again.

Pleased for Wes there at the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A very professional showing that, even if the start was shaky. On another day it could have been much more difficult.

Dean got everything right. Nyland was excellent. Wes scored, Kodjia scored two.

Chester had a good showing... all is well until Saturday at least.

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Sky only on about Liverpool. I'm glad I don't normally have to watch football on Sky. Soz my UK lads.

When we're on Sky I try to find a slow stream in Arabic.

• Like 1

Bellends of the game, the 5 or 6 old pricks that started pushing and shouting at the people in front of them for standing up. In the upper holte. When we scored.

My regards to the patient blokes in front for their restraint in not chinning the words removed. 

Â