Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Like everyone else has said we need to buy a striker in January, as keeping Wesley as our main one we will struggle to stay up, he’s **** atrocious 

You don't need hindsight to see we were foolish to rely on Kodja and Davies as back up too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why? 

Because the next top quality manager is lined up because we're this massive club who can cherry pick who we want? 

Where did I say that?? Don't have a pop at me, I tend to agree with your sentiment in keeping DS. I'm just telling you there is no way in today's football that it would happen.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m not being funny but if we are expecting to lose to everyone in the top 12-15, and we can’t expect to beat one of the worst teams in the league, then all we can expect is relegation 

Except they’re 8th.

edit now 5th

Edited by HKP90

I've thought to myself maybe Smith gets afforded the same luxury as Dyche did when he brought Burnely up in the first season and went back down the first season. Night and day though isn't it. They spent absolute peanuts. Didn't add in January, and almost accepted their faith. We've rolled the dice big time and it's not going well. 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even if we get relegated we should and I think will stick with Smith 

Absolutely not! It’s the same problems week in week out and we aren’t improving, he talks a good game but the coaching and in-game management is severely lacking. 

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

I think we should bin the guy who chooses which players we buy. We've brought  a load of overpriced shite 

No Character....I have just seen Charlie Austin stick 2 away for Albion......you only have to look at the execution to know, what we are missing.

How on earth are we missing out on players like him or Danny Ings or Jermaine Defoe, when he was younger.

We need serious goalscorers who can take pressure off the normal play.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Where did I say that?? Don't have a pop at me, I tend to agree with your sentiment in keeping DS. I just telling you there is no way in today's football that it would happen.....

I just don't see what's next beyond the same cycle that we've done for the last 10 years

New manager, new players, failing to sell old players, lack of success... Rinse and repeat