Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Putting a shift in. Coming off the field with nothing left ? Excuse us with our airs and graces. How dare we get disappointed when we fail to show either of those. Apologies.

Can't expect to compete with the Sheffield Uniteds of this world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even if we get relegated we should and I think will stick with Smith 

You may say that today.....but a bucket load of defeats and players showing no signs of anything ,is a pretty hard thing to stick with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Your living in a fantasy land, no chance that would happen no matter how much a manager is loved.

Why? 

Because the next top quality manager is lined up because we're this massive club who can cherry pick who we want? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Yep 👍

I’m not being funny but if we are expecting to lose to everyone in the top 12-15, and we can’t expect to beat one of the worst teams in the league, then all we can expect is relegation 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

How dare people expect to get something out of a game away to a relegation rival.

A team in a better position than us, with players who know each other, who didn't have to build a whole new team in the summer. 

i'm trying to figure out why we stick with Wesley.  Not everything is his fault, but he clearly is not able to deliver what is being asked of him.  so why persist?   I would consider nearly anyone on the roster, just to try something different.  El Ghazi? McGinn? anybody?

Just now, Spoony said:

I’m not being funny but if we are expecting to lose to everyone in the top 12-15, and we can’t expect to beat one of the worst teams in the league, then all we can expect is relegation 

They are in a better position than us. 

Just now, avfcDJ said:

A team in a better position than us, with players who know each other, who didn't have to build a whole new team in the summer. 

Keep the excuses coming, keep this up and excuse us for every side we play poorly against.

We're good enough to get something here, a loss would be an awful result.

• Thanks 1