Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

West cannot come so deep. Make their defenders actually think he is a threat

He has to play that deep because there is no link between him in the midfield. It is not as obvious when we are able to play out wide, but Sheffield are defending well out there and, like all **** season, we have no plan B. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I won't go Smith out, but i really fear for him now.

Not sure he will last the season.

Him resorting to defensive football is a bad, bad sign.

Even if we get relegated we should and I think will stick with Smith 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We're shit, we're not all that well coached IMO, players aren't delivering either.

There are many questions to be asked....but I am old enough to have seen these signs before and I have seen them coming weeks ago.......when some of the basics are not being carried out, its warning signs.

as an example......on the surface not winning aerial balls can seem innocuous, but it  is signs of serious combative issues....not winning second balls leads to further issues down the line, things start to slip and wins seem much harder to achieve.

Has Dean's honeymoon gone stale?.....is he too soft with the discipline?......many ,many questions will be raised.....but constant defeats will see him off.....good job he has his 4 year contract.

This is a big game today in many ways.....Sheff Utd have been so much cheaper to assemble, it will reflect badly on Dean in the Boardroom.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

If we finish there then fine, we'll be the other side of the red line unless something changes dramatically though

Nonsense, finishing either side of the red line is fine margin stuff. An extra win or draw possibly, nothing to do with drastic change.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Expectation culture sickens me.

Putting a shift in. Coming off the field with nothing left ? Excuse us with our airs and graces. How dare we get disappointed when we fail to show either of those. Apologies.

• Like 2