The Weirdness Amnesty Thread

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

All the mugs in the cupboard have to be in an interlocking type position with handles going into gaps, all facing the same way etc...  

That makes sense if It's the only way to fit them in.  Otherwise...(backs towards the door...)

I only like Earl Grey tea, no other types.

I only like Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste. Any others taste shit and make you look like you have rabies.

I hate raw onions, detest them. But strangely if they're in raita I can eat them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

When playing Sunday league, if my side is awarded a penalty I always turn around and face our goalkeeper.

You must have bare skillz fam, taking that penalty !

• Haha 1

I can't put my left shoe on first.  If I try to do my left shoe first it's like i have forgotten how to put shoes on. Put my right shoe on and the left one goes on no problem. It's the weirdest mental block and I have no idea why it happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I pee in the shower every single time I have a shower irrespective of whether I need a wee or not.

I recently told my girlfriend and she thinks it's disgusting but I kinda thought most people did it.

Absolutely, 100%, every time.

51 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I can't put my left shoe on first.  If I try to do my left shoe first it's like i have forgotten how to put shoes on. Put my right shoe on and the left one goes on no problem. It's the weirdest mental block and I have no idea why it happens.

Same. These are the sort of things I mentioned in the old OCD thread. Getting clothes on and off always follows certain patterns. Right shoe before left shoe always. But if I have cuff buttons, it's left cuff first (I think that may be because it requires using the right hand to do the buttoning). I have loads of other little 'rules' They're not really true OCD (which can be a really debilitating condition, with people who wash their hands a hundred times a day, and so on). But they are arguably weird. 

I seem to recall I'm not the only one here who can't bear to see digital volume controls on TVs, radios, etc. set to odd, rather than even numbers. 

Edited by mjmooney

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I seem to recall I'm not the only one here who can't bear to see digital volume controls on TVs, radios, etc. set to odd, rather than even numbers. 

Exactly this even extends to the central heating in the house and air conditioning in the car

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I pee in the shower every single time I have a shower irrespective of whether I need a wee or not.

I recently told my girlfriend and she thinks it's disgusting but I kinda thought most people did it.

WHAT?

Does she not know it saves water, by not flushing the bog?

• Like 2

Â