Alternative Team of the Decade

Zatman

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Unfair in that there were way worse midfielders you haven't listed than him. Off the top of my head:

Tshibola - agreed very poor signing and could have been picked.
Gardner - Craig or Gary?  Both did more for the club than Makoun did.
Onomah - loan only and don’t think he’s as bad as made out.
Jenas - again loan only, got injured early.
Herd - was he really that bad for us?  Gave his all and at least scored for us.
Holman - was bad and that’s why I put him in my worst team. 

I can only agree with Tshibola.  No beef with you, but none of the above cost as much as Makoun and still believe he was a complete waste of money.  

15 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

There's a lot of Richardson here, but Bennett is just about the worst player I've ever seen play football and I once watched a guy with one foot try to play sunday league. 

By the time Richardson joined us, he already ceased being a professional level footballer. He was worse than Taylor is now. 

Worst Value:

----------------------------Kalinic------------------------

---Beye----De Laet----Bedeau--Cissokho--

--N'Zogbia-Tshibola-Makoun--Tonev-----

------------------McCormack--Hogan-----------

Worst Footballers:

--------------------------Kalinic-------------------------------------

--Richards--Crespo--Illori--Lescott--Richardson--

--------------Bacuna----Tshibola---Tonev-----------------

--------------------Helenius-----Bowery----------------------

Worst People:

---------------------------Guzan------------------------------------

-----Bacuna-----Collins-----Lescott--Richardson--

---N'Zogbia----Tonev------Delph--------Sinclair------

---------------McCormack-----Gabby-----------------------

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Worst People:

---------------------------Guzan------------------------------------

-----Bacuna-----Collins-----Lescott--Richardson--

---N'Zogbia----Tonev------Delph--------Sinclair------

---------------McCormack-----Gabby-----------------------

If this was the trolley problem and I had Jimmy Savile on one track and this lot on the other, I'd ask if I could have two goes. 

• Like 1

Harsh on Sinclair, he was quite good but surrounded by a load of crap. Scored some important goals too. Think he would be decent in the team right now actually

So difficult.......so many to choose from!!!!

Total cost : 65m ish?

Carson

Richards - Lescott - Crespo

Sylla - Jenas

Holman - Tshibola - N'Zogbia - Richardson

McCormack

Subs (12 - cus why not): Marshall, Tonev, Hogan, Bowery, Bree, De Laet, Traore, Helenius, Ireland, Dawkins, Beye, Bradley, Routledge

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

So difficult.......so many to choose from!!!!

Total cost : 65m ish?

Carson

Richards - Lescott - Crespo

Sylla - Jenas

Holman - Tshibola - N'Zogbia - Richardson

McCormack

Subs (12 - cus why not): Marshall, Tonev, Hogan, Bowery, Bree, De Laet, Traore, Helenius, Ireland, Dawkins, Beye, Bradley, Routledge

I'd completely forgotten half of that lot had played for us. I use the word "played" in only a certain sense of the word. 

5 hours ago, Junxs said:

Harsh on Sinclair, he was quite good but surrounded by a load of crap. Scored some important goals too. Think he would be decent in the team right now actually

probably the most gutless player to play for Villa, he had talent but had absolutely no spine or bottle for a fight. despised that prick

• Like 1

A few mentioning Dunne. I thought he was decent for us until Houllier arrived.  A recent interview with Dunne revealed he has a personal grudge, for lack of a better word, against Houllier over the Ireland France hand ball debacle. But as a professional you should expect him to put personal grievances aside for the sake of team.

5 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

A few mentioning Dunne. I thought he was decent for us until Houllier arrived.  A recent interview with Dunne revealed he has a personal grudge, for lack of a better word, against Houllier over the Ireland France hand ball debacle. But as a professional you should expect him to put personal grievances aside for the sake of team.

bizarre Dunne is mentioned, the last Villa player along with Milner to make PFA team of the season

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

probably the most gutless player to play for Villa, he had talent but had absolutely no spine or bottle for a fight. despised that prick

The fact he immediately went to Glasgow and looked like **** Robben just made me even more sure that he was half-assing it the whole time he played for us. Hated him.

• Like 2

For worst team of the decade you could probably just name the eleven that played the most in the season that we got relegated, not only our worst team but one of the worst in the premier league since it began. When we win our next game we will already have more points than that team achieved, and we're only five goals away from that team's goals scored as well.

• Like 1

Â