• Hourihane
    • Trézéguet
    • Wesley
    • Luiz (Hourihane 58)
    • Jota (Trézéguet 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/19 at 23:59

Angel side of me is saying Chelsea played well today, which made it incredibly hard for us to even get into the game as they are superior to us in terms on quality.

Devil in me is peeved, we didn’t turn up, we were sloppy all over except Heaton.  2-0 to them would’ve been well deserved for them, we didn’t deserve to score but we did.  Konsa was awful, Targett I was getting angry with, didn’t even notice Conor playing....I could just keep going with all the outfield players. We had nothing up front to lean on, we couldn’t trust defence and our midfield was non-existence.

Trying to tell myself the Angel side and knew we were going to have games like this because big teams have more quality than us.  Just never in this game.

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

first half we competed but 2nd  it was just chance after chance for chelsea.

konsa was appalling. Mings was defending by himself. Heaton kept the score down.

The subs were atrocious. Jota for Trez. At least trez can move with the ball.

You just cant help yourself can you?

Luiz made a massive difference for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was never the game to start Conor, and Douglas did more in his 30 minutes than most of our midfield had all match. Couldn't find exactly the right balance in attack, we went from rushing it and losing the ball too easily in the first half to overcommitting/overworking it in congested areas and getting caught too far forward in the second. Had chances to level, though, and weren't out of it, so I can't be too upset. Agree that it's probably time for Engels to come back in.

• Like 1

On another night they would've had 4 or 5 were it not for Heaton/poor finishing. Konsa didn't look comfortable all night and I think contributed to a ragged performance by Mings. Elmo was decent enough and Targett looked League One level. Douglas Luiz offered some much needed composure in the middle when he came on but it still wasn't enough. When we did manage to get into a decent position the crossing was shocking as usual.

Don't really understand the criticism of Wesley. Did what he could given the limited service. Held the ball up and laid it off more often than not, even showed the awareness and ability to spray it wide on a couple of occasions. Doesn't dominate anywhere near enough in the air for a man of his size and I'm no fan of his play-acting but there were far worse displays tonight.

• Like 3

The chance's were there and that's obviously all you can ask for away from home. Our lack of depth coming off the bench is so telling. Dean really couldn't change the game even if he wanted to.  

• Like 1

For a while second half I feared a cricket score , fair play for digging in and causing Chelsea a few panic moments 

once we replace Wes and Trez we have the makings of a decent side .

Jack looked far more effective coming through the middle driving at Chelsea so maybe the left wing experiment needs to come to an end 
Mings and Konsa don’t seem to suit each other so time for Engels to step back in

Luiz and Marvellous away from home seems to be the way forward

we aren’t a terrible side , a clever Jan window and id be optimistic of our survival 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

So far this season I’ve heard Spurs, Bournemouth, West Ham, Burnley, Liverpool, Man United and now Chelsea, were “ there for the taking”.

Utterly, utterly ludicrous way of viewing football.

Well Chelsea wasn't there for the taking for us tonight, that's for sure.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No. Chelsea were missing chances and Heaton had a worldie of a game

Do you expect to go away to top teams and take points every time?

If you do, then Sheesh, maybe football isn't gonna be your thing :lol:

Chelsea are at a level Aston Villa aspire to reach, through 20 years of incredible investment from a Russian oligarch.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â