• Hourihane
    • Trézéguet
    • Wesley
    • Luiz (Hourihane 58)
    • Jota (Trézéguet 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/19 at 23:59

Can't believe they didn't kill that game off, gave us a chance to steal a point which we couldn't take. Villa only looked decent in spells and couldn't sustain any pressure. Quite a few poor performances tonight, Mings was error-prone, McGinn ineffective going forward and even Grealish didn't offer his usual productivity. A deserved loss but at the same time frustrating not to take a point when Chelsea gave us the chance.

• Like 1

i've always defended Wes and I still want him to do well, but he is becoming a passenger that we can't afford to carry.

I can only presume Kodjia has said he wants to leave and Dean no longer wants to play him, or else there is no reason for him not to come into the team.

We made Chelsea look much better than they are and if we had any half decent striker on the pitch we might have drawn that.

Need to go and shower after been covered in Andy Townsend's shower of blue jism throughout that game.

I know it was Chelsea but that was poor. 2-1 was an amazing result, could have been 7 or 8 other than Heaton and Abraham being very generous to us. Poor passing, poor set up, poor crossing, for fighting, poor decision making. For everything we did well against Man Utd, we were right back in novice land tonight.

McGinn and Mings desperately need a rest. Elmo is nothing compared to Guilbert. Trezeguet offers very little (other than one of the scrappiest goals you'll see in a long time) and I've completely given up on Wesley. Been giving him benefit of doubt but he can't do anything but fall over a sulk. For a team playing one up front, we need someone far more dynamic.

Delighted with result. Could/Should have been embarrassing.

The result flattered us, but at the same time we had a couple of chances towards the end that could have nicked a point.

We were absolutely desperate for a spell in the second half, Douglas showed his ability in calming things down. Credit to Smith for the subs.

We’re a forward and a winger away from being a solid mid-table side.

• Like 1

we lost to 4th placed chelsea away 2-1, not a disaster. They had spells when we really struggled to deal with them and chelsea should have been out of sight, they didn't and we always look like we can score when we do look after the ball ourselves Luiz was a vital sub. We need to cut out the crap at the back, I'd bench Mings for the Leicester game. Caught in posession too often. 

Some of the players need a break too. 

Nothing to be distraught or overly angry about though. 

Didn't think anyone really deserved the award so I gave it to Luiz. At least he looked like scoring.

The ball just didn't stick in midfield. Once again we lacked movement in the middle. We need to be much more aggressive as a team and far less passive at times it look like we wanted Chelsea to score.

I think that is our main problem we just lack movement and give the ball away really easily.

• Like 1

Gave Wesley enough benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough, sick of seeing him rolling on the floor when he’s hardly been touched, midfield was non existent till Luiz came on and actually got on the ball, thought that was targett’s worse game for us so far, need el ghazi back for Sunday with Guilbert aswell

The inconsistency of a squad is always down to the manager. We can never change our game, it was exactly the same in the first half as it was in the second. Wes needs to be subbed we can all see, i'm starting to worry, as in reality Chelsea are not the team of old and yet again they were there for the taking. Someone needs to learn quicker, someone needs to get tough and it's not the players.

• Haha 1

A mixed bag of performances tonight - Hourihane and Targett stood out as being especially poor. I think Luiz showed just how much better than Hourihane he is by coming on and holding his own against some quality midfielders. 

I don't have any issues with Wesley tonight. We need to stop lumping it to him and play to his feet. We need passes that play him in behind rather than crosses to his head. If he had Pulisic and Willian supporting him, I'm sure he'd not have any worries. 

• Like 1

Disappointing.

Chelsea the better team and deserved winners, but again, we somehow stayed in it and created enough chances to have nicked a point.

Difference between the two teams was the quality and composure of their lot vs. our wasteful, casual play in key moments.

Ming's his usual mix of excellent and sloppy, often in the same move.

McGinn starting to pick up the thread again, I thought.

Konsa, Kinda shaky.

Wesley, almost pointless, nothing sticks, ever.

Jack a few decent runs.

Heaton superb.

Â