Match Thread: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

According to WM there was nothing wrong with our disallowed goal, we should have a penalty when Trez was pushed, Pereira should have been booked three times, Mata and Williams should both have had cards and Guilbert was booked when James stood on the ball.

We'll need to beat two teams to win this.

Grealishs leg was 100% offside as he walked back on. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

According to WM there was nothing wrong with our disallowed goal, we should have a penalty when Trez was pushed, Pereira should have been booked three times, Mata and Williams should both have had cards and Guilbert was booked when James stood on the ball.

We'll need to beat two teams to win this.

Having been watching the game, that's a load of nonsense :)

Goal was offside, Trez one I'd like to see again, Guilbert fouled his man. 

• Like 3

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Equaliser an own goal. No luck at all.

Once again though wasteful and poor decisions in the final 3rd - your opposition can always grab a goal out of nowhere - and so they did - it shouldn't have mattered as we should have been 2 or three up.

• Like 1

I usually defend Mings, and apart from the mistake, he's had a good game. But it was a very silly mistake.

We're dominating this game, though. United are there for the taking. They also have a couple of bookings that could definitely go red in the second half.

Been very impressed with Wesley's link up play and work rate. One of his best games in a Villa shirt so far, apart from that weak shot.

Generally a very good performance. Deserve to be 2-0 up I think.

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We've played fantastic and will still mostly likely go on and lose now because it's United. 

I don't think we have played fantastic - We got our goal - then squandered many situations to hurt Utd. - This is a very poor utd side, we look to have blown our best chance of 3pts.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I honestly want Mings out the first team. I rate Konsa the highest of the lot but Konsa and Engels should be considered. Mings has cost us big there and it was coming over the past few weeks.

TBH, I'm thinking similar. he needs a **** rocket up the arse, that's for sure. It's pretty much every game at some point he's Franz Beckenbauer in his head but Titus **** Bamble with his feet.

The problem is, we want ball players everywhere so can't discourage it yet it's all about decision making.