Match Thread: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Terry needs to grip Mings after that, proper wound me up that has. 

So bloody unnecessary. He takes risks that are so unneeded. Really has to stop this now!

• Like 1

Overall, I think we've done well - we could do with a bit more McGinn, Trez took ten minutes to wake up but looks in it now, the error will do Mings good as I think he'll get criticised for it on the telly and it'll help with his occasional Billy big un's tendency.

We can definitely win this - just need to keep pushing forward and try to keep that front three of theirs off the ball - if you give them a chance they'll take it - but you do have to give it to them, they don't look like making many.

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Terry needs to grip Mings after that, proper wound me up that has. 

Problem is he usually comes out even dozier at the start of the second half.  So frustrating because he does loads of excellent things but does something that costs us a goal completely unnecessarily.  I just wonder if there's anyone on the pitch that can give him an earful like he does to others.

• Like 2

Got to say, Targett has been excellent. Wesley's movement and touches have been great. Douglas and McGinn anonymous. Trezeguet coming alive towards the end there. Need to get at these in the second d half. They're there for the taking.

• Like 4

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Problem is he usually comes out even dozier at the start of the second half.  So frustrating because he does loads of excellent things but does something that costs us a goal completely unnecessarily.  I just wonder if there's anyone on the pitch that can give him an earful like he does to others.

El Ghazi came off injured 👊

If a mistake is going to be made, I suppose we should look at the positive side in that it leaves plenty of the game to atone for it. Sharp words required for Tyrone at halftime. The game is there to be won, we need McGinn in the game a bit more and simply get it to Grealish as often as possible in the opening 10mins of the 2nd half because he will do something. 

Disappointed with their goal, absolutely buzzing with ours! Mings needs to stop overplaying, it’s putting us under too much pressure too often. We’ve had the ball in the net twice, and hit the bar. United didn’t deserve their equaliser. 

Bring on the second half, we can absolutely win this if we have more of the same. 

Blame mings for the goal fair enough - but what about the corners into thin air - the passbacks from the opposition penalty area , the 3 touches when one should suffice - and of course a CF who is nowhere to be seen.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Got to say, Targett has been excellent. Wesley's movement and touches have been great. Douglas and McGinn anonymous. Trezeguet coming alive towards the end there. Need to get at these in the second d half. They're there for the taking.

McGinn doing what has been his 'usual' I'm afraid. Not doing enough this season

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Mings is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. 

I think there's some truth to this. He's really **** good, but there's an arrogance in how he just strolls around teasing them with the ball, he needs to cut it out of his game, but he's been doing the same shit since last season. I can see why he couldn't get in to the Bournemouth team tbh.

On balance, he's probably a net positive? Just about?