Dexter

b6bloke

Can I say that if any fans of the show haven't read the first two books (ignore the third, I thought it was awful) then please do so, they are wonderfully written and because they are exclusively from Dexters POV, they give some cracking insights into how his mind works.

Can I ask people who have discovered Dexter, do they like any other US shows?

Because it's almost as if people are surprised it's good.

Well I watch and like House, Greys Anatomy and Shark. For piece on the house I also can be found watching Nip|Tuck and Dirt, both of which are watchable without being something I'd look for a repeat if I missed it 1st time.

Yeah.

The Shield.

Heroes.

House.

NCIS

and various others

dexter is awesome...i found it purely by accident after flicking round after the apprentice ona wednesday and at first thought it was just a weird programme then got into it! thank god i have sky and fx chnanel saw the first episode of series two and it looks set to be a great series!

i did like watching the first few series of nip/tuck...however i think america although it drama series are generally good do go for quanitiy of episodes...i would prefer if they just did say 1 - 3 series and ended it rather than goiing on forever as the shows lose their way slightly then and i just start getting bored! we're pretty good in the UK at stopping shows when they need to be stopped! (last of the summer wine excepting!)

Well I watch and like House, Greys Anatomy and Shark. For piece on the house I also can be found watching Nip|Tuck and Dirt, both of which are watchable without being something I'd look for a repeat if I missed it 1st time.

Yeah.

The Shield.

Heroes.

House.

NCIS

and various others

Ever watch The Wire?

Because it's almost as if people are surprised it's good.

I think it's more people are surprised it's good because it hasn't got the massive publicity that the likes of 24 and lost got when they came over here. Even heroes was hyped up to a huge level, whereas Dexter just slipped past unnoticed.

But then, there are a ton of US shows that I think should be bigger than they are, The Unit for one, is great viewing yet hardly anyone seems to watch it, and Jericho was one of the best shows I've seen for a while, yet got canned, bought back, and canned again.

Yeah.

The Shield.

Heroes.

House.

NCIS

and various others

Ever watch The Wire?

No never got round to it, although I hear good reports

I would say it's the best tv programme ever, just a bit better then the Sopranos.

Takes a bit of getting used to and maybe 6 or 7 episodes to get hooked.

Definitely recommended to everyone.

Ever watch The Wire?

Good reports is an understatement.

It's probably the most realistic police drama you'll ever see. It was wrote by a former police reporter and a former homocide detective and alot of the techniques you see in it are actual real police work rather than the bs hollywood style police work in the likes of CSI. Infact, there have been multiple cases of criminals watching it to learn how the police work and how to avoid the detection techniques, even down to copying the way the drugs networks in the show do it.

Each series focuses on a different aspect of life in the city of Baltimore, and all of them approach it from a very realistic angle.

Series 2 started on Sunday just gone on FX. Great first episode matching up to the excellent series 1.

Most underrated programme on tv

according to the FX website it is a new series on the 11th July ...

and the tv guides appear to say that ...

I don;t trust ITV to be honets to how the 2nd series, not sure what it's ratings were

Series 2 started on Sunday just gone on FX. Great first episode matching up to the excellent series 1.

Most underrated programme on tv

according to the FX website it is a new series on the 11th July ...

and the tv guides appear to say that ...

I don;t trust ITV to be honets to how the 2nd series, not sure what it's ratings were

Well i definitely watched the new episode on Sunday...

I've seen both series, and have absolutely loved them both. I was totally addicted - ended up watching the whole of the second in a couple of nights.

Other US shows I like are 24, Prison Break, Lost (:\), House and Heroes.

Â