Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
Sign in to follow this  
limpid

Ratings & Reactions: Man Utd v Villa

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

    • Heaton
      0
    • Guilbert
    • Konsa
    • Mings
    • Targett
    • Luiz
      0
    • Hourihane
      0
    • McGinn
      0
    • El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 18)
    • Lansbury (Hourihane 81)
      0
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

  3. 3. Refereeing Performance


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/19 at 23:59

Recommended Posts

Against my better judgement, thought I’d put on SSN to see the post match report etc.

absolutely nothing about the game - however same Leicester report twice, bit on next weeks boxing, the F1 and even netball.... 

just read on BBC, the welsh afghan hound stating Grealish is too good for us and would jump at a chance to leave... its like he’s auditioning for talk sport!!! What a nobjockey 

Edited by theboyangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was right in front of grealish for his goal , some finish , thought Konsa was excellent in 2nd half , probably a fair result , we bossed 1st half and 2nd was mostly them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I didn't even cheer. I honestly hate it, and I wish it had never been invented.

I think the same, I hate it. But I do wonder if without it the linesman would have flagged... I thought Mings was miles off and maybe he would have thought better to play it safe and wait to see if VAR disallowed. With that and the Leicester winner today it’s the first time I’ve thought VAR did a good job!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think the same, I hate it. But I do wonder if without it the linesman would have flagged... I thought Mings was miles off and maybe he would have thought better to play it safe and wait to see if VAR disallowed. With that and the Leicester winner today it’s the first time I’ve thought VAR did a good job!

Good point, well made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Either Luiz did a quiet and effective job or he was totally anonymous, anyone know which?

I thought he did well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed watching the match and think that a draw was a fair result.

I've just read every page of the match day thread and wish I hadn't.

This rating and reaction thread in contrast is a fair and balanced reflection of what I watched.

UTV!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I really enjoyed watching the match and think that a draw was a fair result.

I've just read every page of the match day thread and wish I hadn't.

This rating and reaction thread in contrast is a fair and balanced reflection of what I watched.

UTV!

 

I avoid them like the plague. Too emotional.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TRO said:

Our trend is so consistent.....we score and miss chances and the opposition creep back in to the game.

We clearly need to buy to stabilise the composure and the control of the game.

Our individual errors always seem to result in a goal too.

good point though and sad we have to keep relying on Jack.

Unfortunately that's a Smith team and I doubt it's gonna change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Great point, but could have been 2. Only gave Dean an average this time. I would like to have seen changes earlier and Super John needs a rest 

Certainly would have liked 2 points for that game given the stress at the end😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Immensely proud of the team today.  Yes, we could argue that it’s two points dropped, but the fight and character shown by us to a man was there for all to see.  

Those torrid few years the last time we were in the Premier League were painful.  I even disliked most of our squad back then.  Now I want to hug every single one of the latest group.  

The Grealish goal was a sublime finish.  The Mings goal was ruined by the VAR nonsense.   A point at Old Trafford is not bad result overall and gives us confidence going into the Chelsea game.  

Love this current group and we can only get better.  UTV

The Mings goal was checked on VAR and confirmed. Not clear in what sense it was “ruined”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever else happens in the premier league this season, thank you, Jack, for that goal. What a superb moment for him, the team, and the fans.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

The Mings goal was checked on VAR and confirmed. Not clear in what sense it was “ruined”?

VAR takes the fun out of celebrating that’s why.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those having a dig at Smith for his subs What other changes could he have made?  He bought on Lansbury and we looked weaker. He could have bought on  Nakamba but It would have made us sit deeper and invited them on even more. I get fans wanting him to make changes to suit the game but what options did he really have?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TRO said:

Our trend is so consistent.....we score and miss chances and the opposition creep back in to the game.

We clearly need to buy to stabilise the composure and the control of the game.

Our individual errors always seem to result in a goal too.

good point though and sad we have to keep relying on Jack.

I don’t think we relied on Jack I thought it was a terrific team show. We only “ relied” on Jack the way other teams “ rely” on their star player.

As for the inconsistency. It exists, but if it didn’t we’d be a Top 4 side, and even they are inconsistent. 
 

I see very very few examples of Premier League games being “ controlled” by one side or another. Especially controlled by a promoted side.

I prefer to think our Coach knows this, and has set us up to make the most of those periods when we DO have control.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Encouraging. We had a great attitude from the beginning and weren't cowed. To be a bit disappointed not to win shows we are improving all the time. We are very much a side with no one to fear but our own mistakes. Onwards to the next game. Chelsea will be tough as they will be eager to make amends for their defeat but we can go there and go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Whatever else happens in the premier league this season, thank you, Jack, for that goal. What a superb moment for him, the team, and the fans.

Well said 👍 a glorious moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The Mings goal was checked on VAR and confirmed. Not clear in what sense it was “ruined”?

Did you not see mings after? Couple of high fives, shoulder shrug and a "dunno" 

That's no way to celebrate scoring a goal

To be fair I jumped up and celebrated, didn't for trezs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â