• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 18)
    • Lansbury (Hourihane 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/19 at 23:59

Let's be real.

I know we are a little disappointed we drew, but that's a perfect judge of how well we played and how far we have come as a team.

In reality a draw is a magnificent result at old Trafford, it's night and day compared to where we were this time last season.

The boys should be proud.

• Like 2

I'm really liking the amount of goals we are scoring at the moment, to get somewhere in this league you have to be regularly scoring goals.

Also another positive is how often we are giving teams a good game at the moment, we've been in pretty much all games this season apart from the Wolves game really. That includes Liverpool, Spurs, Man U, good signs.

Thought the defence was a bit wobbily in this one apart from Konsa to be honest who played well and doesn't look out of place. I think Targett and Guilbert got caught out a bit in defence but that's a by-product of their good attacking intent.

McGinn continues to be very quiet and starting to look like he needs a break.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Brighton, a team we should be looking to finish in and around with got spanked 3-0 at OT.

Man Utd aren't as bad as some people seem to think.

This was a great result

What they have lost is their consistency and competitive edge.....but they still have their moments and top players.

We did well, but silly avoidable incidents still haunt us.....eradicate them and we will go up a gear.

• Like 1

I still think we have to rely on Jack too much, to be comfortable in this league.

without him we would be more in the relegation fight.....some of the other players need to be showing us more and help him carry the fight.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

OK mate. But you have to make sure you say everything twice for effect, everything twice, yeah?

My mate-count-ometer broke.

Entitlement gone mad.......They have had some of the best managers since Fergie.....Moyes, LVG, Mourinho.

Their lack of Repect for other teams will be their undoing.....It couldn't happen to a better set of fans.....full of entitlement.

The glory hunting has come home to them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't see anyone whinging....just picking up on errors that are avoidable.

We have shown the same errors in other games this season......we need to learn.

are we not allowed to identify, basic flaws, in fear of being negative

i haven't seen anyone unhappy with a point, just saying it coukd so easily have been 3.

seasons ago, we wouldn't have been in the game.....just saying, we could so easily have won and secured a famous result.

one win in 41 against them is hardly unreasonable ambition.

I know what you're trying to say, and I agree, but it seems strange to me that we can get a point at Old Trafford and yet some aren't satisfied because it wasn't 3. Yes we had our chances but look at the stats, United had nearly twice as many shots, twice as much possession etc. We would have been lucky on the balance of things to win the game. 

On a positive note, the fact that we're coming away from Sunday knowing how close we were to winning is a good sign for the rest of the season. The ambition this club is showing is very exciting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

I know what you're trying to say, and I agree, but it seems strange to me that we can get a point at Old Trafford and yet some aren't satisfied because it wasn't 3. Yes we had our chances but look at the stats, United had nearly twice as many shots, twice as much possession etc. We would have been lucky on the balance of things to win the game. 

On a positive note, the fact that we're coming away from Sunday knowing how close we were to winning is a good sign for the rest of the season. The ambition this club is showing is very exciting.

I agree.

but your point is more apt at the end of the game.......my point, was when we was 0-1 up.

I was listening to the commentary, we dominated the first half, they wasn't in it.....yet we went in 1-1

we are progressing, but we have to be aware, that we let teams back in, far too easily.

We are very, very, vulnerable at the far post at crosses....we have to deal with that otherwise, we have to score oodles of goals to gain a win.

just remember, its far harder to score than defend.....we have to fix it....otherwise our soft under belly, will be our undoing.

• Like 2

We have scored goals at new spurs ground, emirates, and old trafford. Unfortunately we have only picked up the 1 point. But lets be realistic we have had unbelievable progress in the calendar year to go to Man U and be disappointed that we didn't win! 4 points in the last 2 games is excellent. Keep on playing like this we should stay up which is the aim of the game.

On 01/12/2019 at 19:02, Adam2003 said:

I think the same, I hate it. But I do wonder if without it the linesman would have flagged... I thought Mings was miles off and maybe he would have thought better to play it safe and wait to see if VAR disallowed. With that and the Leicester winner today it’s the first time I’ve thought VAR did a good job!

All credit goes to the linesman not VAR. VAR couldn't disallow the goal as Mings was clearly on. The ref and the linesman gave the goal and the linesman’s flag was kept down. VAR merely verified the decision. Had VAR not been invented then goal still would’ve stood. 

Feels a tad harsh to assume the linesman guessed the offside and kept his flag down knowing VAR would likely correct it, as opposed to do what he’s a paid professional at doing and reading the line. 

Edited by roonst83

The linesmen are told to keep their flag down in that situation until it's clear that raising it won't mistakenly prevent the scoring of a legitimate goal.  They don't want play (and players) to stop only to learn that they were wrong to do so when a goal is at stake.  So it's actually quite possible that the linesman thought he was off side but kept the flag down, knowing that VAR would call back the goal if he really was off.   If Mings had shanked it or DeGea saved it the flag may have gone up and a free kick awarded in stead of a goal kick or punt by the keeper.   I think in this case, though, the linesman probably saw that Williams had kept him on and left the flag down because for that reason.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Pleased with a point. They are an expensive team thats used to playing together.  I come away feeling like this Villa team is progressing.

Players getting champions league wages for playing average at manure right now! Could be a bleak few years for them unless they sort things out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

OK mate. But you have to make sure you say everything twice for effect, everything twice, yeah?

My mate-count-ometer broke.

Hahaha Mate, that guy is a cartoon, yeah. 

I want those Man U fans gone. Don't wait till Spurs, yeah, mate. Gone. They are out of their depth, yeah.

Â