Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 14 of 38)

zab6359

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Wan-Bissaka? Don’t get me wrong, I think Guilbert is great and has been one of our players of the season so far but I think Wan-Bissaka is excellent. I also think that Luke Shaw is excellent, he is starting to fulfil his potential now although I do think Targett is playing very well for us

Bissaka got zero assists in 11 games...

In the modern game a fullback is judged on much more than just defending.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, screwdriver said:

It's time Smith gave us a big scalp.

It's ok pumping the likes of norwich and toon but we really need a win over a big team to make the fans and players truly believe we are going somewhere.

Norwich Sheff utd and even newcastle united have theirs. Whens it going to happen for us? sick of waiting. we bottled it against spurs arsenal and liverpool. and to a certain extent man city.

The only players I'd take from man utd is anthony martial. poissibly harry mcguire however he's been looking shakey. I'm sure they'd take at least 5 of our boys.

This is the first time in years we can go there with a view to getting something. I think in the after match interview on tues Jack said something about not having beaten the top six yet.

That gives me a feeling the players are looking at this game to rip up that stat.

So you wouldn't have Rashford then!

48 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

So you wouldn't have Rashford then!

damn right I wouldn't yet another over hyped player who shows alarmingly similar attributes to  the likes of rufus smalls  darren huckerby and Ade Akinbiyi.

He's got acceleration but speedy strikers are as ubiquitous as day glow boots in the prem. He's just as likely to put the ball out of the stadium as to finish like he did for england the other week. (against the power house of world football....Kosavo)

I doubt he'd get near the national squad if he was playing for Burnley. and that disgraceful mullet hair cut just makes me want to jump at him with an andis t-liner.

When Manutd finally get someone in charge who knows what he's doing this guy will be playing for everton...if he's lucky.

Edited by screwdriver

My combined eleven while taking all Villa bias aside.

--------------------DDG---------------------

Guilbert---Konsa-Maguire--Shaw

------------------Nakamba---------------

------------McTominay--McGinn----

James-----Martial--------Jack

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Rashford-----Martial--------James

No Grealish? Now I know you’re trolling ;)

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

James-----Martial--------Jack

Pretty much agree, but Mings over Konsa (Konsa potentially better but Mings is a leader), Pogba when fit over McTominay, and Rashford over James for me. Despite the difference in price tag, I'd go Guilbert over AWB too - the guy has been a great signing and can attack and defend. 

Reckon it will be a fairly close game Sunday and we will get chances - hopefully we can sneak a win. 

20 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Pretty much agree, but Mings over Konsa (Konsa potentially better but Mings is a leader), Pogba when fit over McTominay, and Rashford over James for me. Despite the difference in price tag, I'd go Guilbert over AWB too - the guy has been a great signing and can attack and defend. 

Reckon it will be a fairly close game Sunday and we will get chances - hopefully we can sneak a win. 

I don't even see Pogba as a United player anymore tbh. Rumours going around that he refuses to play a game for them anymore and that he is faking he's injury.

I don't think Mings has been good this season. He seem to be doing defensive errors every game. 

Bissaka is insane defensively but attacking wise he is poor.

Rashford over James i can give you that one. Don't think there's much between them.

McTominay is the one i've been most impressed with for them this season and he is playing consistently well. Pogba got more talent but he's inconsistent. Also McGinn and McTominay know each other from the national team.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't even see Pogba as a United player anymore tbh. Rumours going around that he refuses to play a game for them anymore and that he is faking he's injury.

I don't think Mings has been good this season. He seem to be doing defensive errors every game. 

Bissaka is insane defensively but attacking wise he is poor.

Rashford over James i can give you that one. Don't think there's much between them.

McTominay is the one i've been most impressed with for them this season and he is playing consistently well. Pogba got more talent but he's inconsistent. Also McGinn and McTominay know each other from the national team.

I didn't realise the situation was that bad with Pogba, some rumours have been swirling but then the Metro says he'll be back for the Manchester derby. If the rumours are true then they'll probably look to sell in January if they get £100mil+ for him. Real would probably pay that but might wait until the summer. 

Don't disagree about Mings, he's becoming quite frustrating at times with his brain farts and little mistakes. Love the guy but do wish he'd sharpen up. Bournemouth fans did say he had that in him and it probably went unnoticed in the Championship against lesser quality players. 

One thing I would say about United is they have some top young talent coming through, players like Greenwood, Williams and Gomes look to have bright futures. Can't really say the same about Villa's young players at the moment - only one I can think of is Ramsey and he seems to have gone off the radar this season. 

Fwiw Luke Shaw isn't even the first choice at LB for Manure, Brandon Williams is.

Shaw is about the only senior player on the pitch tonight against Astana.

Axel is also on the pitch along with Lingard and they are losing 2-1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Fwiw Luke Shaw isn't even the first choice at LB for Manure, Brandon Williams is.

Shaw is about the only senior player on the pitch tonight against Astana.

Axel is also on the pitch along with Lingard and they are losing 2-1

Don't they get a better seeding if they win the group?

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't they get a better seeding if they win the group?

They do.

fwiw Taith Chong did a lovely Ronny Rosenthal-esque miss and they scored an own goal

4 minutes ago, sne said:

They do.

fwiw Taith Chong did a lovely Ronny Rosenthal-esque miss and they scored an own goal

Yet another poor decision from OGS then.

The league is gone for them. They really should have secured the 1st place today.

Their predicted lineup is:

DDG

AWB     Lindelof      Maguire      Williams

Fred          Perreira

Lingaard

James                                       Rashford

Martial

Surely we can take these? Put Marvelous in the middle, and we'd dominate.

Same side that started against Newcastle or only one possible change for me (Luiz for Marvelous)?  No issue with either starting though.

Need to be at our best, concentrate throughout and we have a chance of winning here. 

Going to say 1-2 to us, Hourihane and a Grealish stunner to silence the prawn sandwich brigade.  Late consolation goal scored by Rashford.  :flag:

41 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

DDG

Fred          Perreira

Lingaard

Martial

Hard to believe this is a Man U team. What the hell happened to them?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

DDG

Fred          Perreira

Lingaard

Martial

That is a junk side. Be disappointed if we can't beat that lot