Holiday plans 2020

villa4europe

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I walked all the way to the little mermaid statue and its something of nothing, surprised more things haven't  built up around it

Malmo is also a bit shit and not worth the 80€ train, food hall is great though 

Think the missus will be pissed over the train cost so won't want to pay for tivoli 

Glad I came and ticked Copenhagen off the list but for value for money it's not great

And my missus who's birthday was yesterday and always wants to go away for it should have been born in the summer! 

The mermaid statue is a right disappointment isn't it. Quite a way from anything else

We spent a few hours in Malmo... on a Sunday... in a snowstorm. Everything was shut! Don't recall the train fare being anything like that though, but it was about 7 years ago

Had an afternoon in Tivoli but it was Xmas when I went so was suitably decorated. 

Where did you stay in the end?

Edited by Xela

Tivoli Hotel, 10 min walk from the station but going away from the centre, got a decent ish shopping centre near us, 422€ for 3 nights, I'd say the set up is good, good breakfast, great gym, OK pool and sauna etc but the room is nothing special, they have a load of executive only stuff on the upper floors but that was another 300€, overall its expensive for what it is

Train ended up being 30€ for the ticket I bought to malmo and then 20€ for the ticket back which the missus bought (train was a lot nicer on the way there and quicker) 

Exchange rate is 7 krone to 1 euro, can't remember the last time a currency has thrown me this badly, going to sweden and it being 9.5 to 1 euro was obviously easy, getting back and ordering a load of food and forgetting I was back in Denmark so it cost more 🤦‍♂️

Decent food hall opposite the train station too, noticeable difference between the cost of things in the 2 cities, malmo was OK, not sure what I'd have done in Copenhagen all day 

Edited by villa4europe

On 25/11/2019 at 22:15, chicovilla said:

Finishing off this year over Christmas and New year in Cuba. 

Back to Hong kong in April with a side trip to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.

Long weekend in Bucharest In May

Uzbekistan also in May.(flights booked but still working on an itinerary for the 11 days I'm there)

September hoping to walk another Camino, this time walking the Portuguese way from Porto to Santiago de Compostella. 

Looking at spending next Christmas and New year in Myanmar.

Not sure what to do with booking to Hong Kong in April to see family, all paid up, but cant cancel without a travel restriction from UK. Cant see situation improving. If we go it will be pretty shit with masks etc. In a weird scenario that I hope they restrict travel so I can get a refund and plan something else.

On 07/02/2020 at 12:10, villa4europe said:

Yeah I walked all the way to the little mermaid statue and its something of nothing, surprised more things haven't  built up around it

Malmo is also a bit shit and not worth the 80€ train, food hall is great though 

Think the missus will be pissed over the train cost so won't want to pay for tivoli 

Glad I came and ticked Copenhagen off the list but for value for money it's not great

And my missus who's birthday was yesterday and always wants to go away for it should have been born in the summer! 

You got severely ripped off unless you got a 1st class ticket. Was there 18 months ago and it was around 120SEK to cross the bridge by train

It worked out at around 34€ there and 20€ back for 2 people 

On the way there we had reserved seats in 2nd class on a much nicer train, booked via 2 different companies using ticket machines 

Couldn't find a return ticket option 

But still not really worth it imo 

I'll just stick to UK breaks this year I think. Would like to see so many places, I won't struggle for choice. 

Thinking so far... a few days in the Chilterns in March/April, then a coast break around June time... Dorset maybe, or Suffolk. Then a couple more in H2.

Going Florida in a few weeks with the Family for my dads 70th, sister has a 2 yr daughter so she’ll love it. 

Got Prague for a stag do in March. 

Need to get some more in this year, probably have another weekend away with the lads and then a sunny one by myself again. 

Seriously contemplating staying in the UK this year due to the Coronavirus. I know we are seeing cases now here in the UK but i feel a little safer being here... why I dont know. My missus has said she doesn't want to leave the country this year incase either. Might sound a but silly but that's where I am at the moment. 

We have a bungalow in Mid Wales on the coast which we frequently visit at weekends, so will be doing more of that. I'm also thinking of returning to Cornwall and visiting some of the places I used to go with my parents like Mevagissey, Looe etc

I couldn't live with myself if one of my lads caught it because we took them out the country for a jolly. Mind it looks like nowhere is safe so unless there is a major turn around in the spread of it then its UK breaks and the risk of s***e weather at all times 😅

Gran Canaria in 2 weeks

Bieszczady as we have a house down there by the Lake, probably twice this year

And Gdansk for a cheap seaside holiday

Maybe more, we'll see.

• Like 1

a couple of cheap ones for me this year

Mojacar Playa Spain (free) we went last year in June Mrs T tripped over a raised drain in the forecourt of the hotel twisted her foot and was on crutches all week. I kicked off and we have a free holiday there this year less flights 

Then Calella Spain in October

Pretty sure it will be back to Gran Canaria next year for 8th time  Maspalomas Centro area

Edited by Robtaylor200

On 14/03/2020 at 08:43, Robtaylor200 said:

The choice may be Risk getting the virus or miss our holidays.

I would plumb for my holiday. I can catch the virus in Telford as easy as on the beach on my sun bed 

You would definitely catch it in Telford. 

• Haha 1

Â