Tickets

hibsmg

Hi all, Hibs fan here now living in Shrewsbury as of earlier this year. Been following Villa's progress and hoping to get across to Birmingham for a game since John McGinn signed but not managed so far. Got a mate visiting on the weekend of the Man City game however and would be a great one to attend. Are there any chances at all of a first time attendee like myself getting a ticket for a game like that, or will they be taken up by season ticket holders and away fans? What would be the best way of going about it if there is a chance?

Thanks all!

14 hours ago, hibsmg said:

Thought as much! Never booked a ticket before so guess that will rule us out. When will tickets be on sale roughly?

Thanks 

Next few weeks likely to be 2 weeks before Christmas 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually getting out of my arm chair for this one. 

It was the lads birthday in December and mine this coming Saturday. We decided tickets for this game would be our presents. Got them before Christmas £84 for two in the Holte wings (all that was left in the Holte same day as sale opened). Didn't realise at the time it was a late evening kick off. Brrrrr, Will miss my arm chair 

Folks, im from Northern Ireland and only really get to see the Villa in London.  (Cheaper flights and i have free accommodation thanks to the Brother, moneys tight).  It does mean sitting with home fans unfortunately though.

Anyway, my kid supports Villa, much to the abuse of his Man utd and Liverpool class mates.  That's really the only two teams people support over here, but he didn't have an option as i have supported them for 35years.

So he turned 8 last week and all he wanted for his birthday is to go to Villa park for a match.  London wouldn't suffice as he wants to sing for some reason.  

I purchased a Claret Membership this morning to try and get us two tickets , 35 quid but get a 10 quid back for ticket so wasnt to bad.  

Does anyone know if i can get two tickets with it, one for me and one for him ?  Any replies appreciated.

Sorry should have noted, not trying to get ones for City game.  Looking at spurs or sheff utd perhaps.

Edited by HeyAnty

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Folks, im from Northern Ireland and only really get to see the Villa in London.  (Cheaper flights and i have free accommodation thanks to the Brother, moneys tight).  It does mean sitting with home fans unfortunately though.

Anyway, my kid supports Villa, much to the abuse of his Man utd and Liverpool class mates.  That's really the only two teams people support over here, but he didn't have an option as i have supported them for 35years.

So he turned 8 last week and all he wanted for his birthday is to go to Villa park for a match.  London wouldn't suffice as he wants to sing for some reason.  

I purchased a Claret Membership this morning to try and get us two tickets , 35 quid but get a 10 quid back for ticket so wasnt to bad.  

Does anyone know if i can get two tickets with it, one for me and one for him ?  Any replies appreciated.

Sorry should have noted, not trying to get ones for City game.  Looking at spurs or sheff utd perhaps.

With your claret membership you can only get one ticket normally, unless they go on general sale. 

Can't really get my head around why tickets are so expensive for the games against the top teams. Us Villa fans are paying to see Villa not Man City or who ever so it should be the same price as any other game imo. I am sure there is a reason for it but 50 bloody quid to watch a game where we will potentially get hammered and is on TV anyway?! Pfft no thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

Can't really get my head around why tickets are so expensive for the games against the top teams. Us Villa fans are paying to see Villa not Man City or who ever so it should be the same price as any other game imo. I am sure there is a reason for it but 50 bloody quid to watch a game where we will potentially get hammered and is on TV anyway?! Pfft no thanks 

Couldn't agree more with this. I'm so pleased with the way the PL has placed a cap of £30 on tickets for away fans and think that should be the same across the league. With the increase in online streaming of games from companies we need to keep people in stadiums as much as possible and fair pricing is the best way to do that. Overall our prices are substantially better than a lot of Prem teams but it'd be good if the PL could adopt a similar approach for home supporters.

• Like 3

Â