Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 13 of 38)

zab6359

22 hours ago, AVTuco said:

If Jack's back, we'll win.

Why are we so reliant on one player? If he is injured, we need to find ways of coping without him but he’s not irreplaceable, no-one is. Although, it was in The Championship last season, when Grealish was injured, Henri Lansbury stepped in and performed admirably, I can’t remember who it was against but he was excellent. I doubt Lansbury could perform in The Premier League but we haven’t got many other options, if Jack is out, we should play Luiz-Nakamba-McGinn in midfield and just give McGinn a free role 

My side would be: (if Jack is fit)

Heaton 

Guilbert Konsa Mings Targett

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

Trezeguet Wesley Grealish

Bench: Steer, Elmohamady, Engels, Lansbury, Davis, El Ghazi, Kodjia 

I think Grealish has played his best football in The Premier League on the left side of midfield. He has yet to show that he can perform well in the centre of midfield in The Premier League in my opinion, he has almost looked out of his depth there I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I reckon we could easily lose or draw this, not because we are bad, but i kind think Newcastle aren't as bad as everyone seems to think they are.

I really hate to give Steve Bruce any kind of credit but he seems to be doing a good job at Newcastle

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I really hate to give Steve Bruce any kind of credit but he seems to be doing a good job at Newcastle

I don't know about that, eh maybe he is, I meant more players like maxim etc, not bad players.

On 12/11/2019 at 09:54, It's Your Round said:

It’s really vital that we have Jack, Heaton, Targett and Heaton back for this. It’s nearly two weeks away so let’s hope that’s enough time. We’re at home and against Bruce so the atmosphere should be up there with the best. We need a big performance to put a stop to this losing run. 

Two Heatons in goal, we could win it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

..and people moan we need a winter break!

A winter break where they will cram as many lucrative exhibition games in as possible in Asia, the US and the middle east 

Be even more games in the season and even less rest.

On 11/11/2019 at 09:26, villalad21 said:

I think if we lose this we're in for 7 losses on the bounce as i can't see us getting anything against Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester.

motivate lets go GIF by The Titan Games

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 16/11/2019 at 11:37, It's Your Round said:

I’ll have forgotten what football is by the time this game arrives. 

Tired Over It GIF by Desus & Mero

I **** hate this modern football bit. I am having my childhood mates over for ardbeg and football this weekend and us playing Monday just shits all over it. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I completely agree that it is vital we find ways of coping in Grealish's absence, but evidence suggests we haven't done that yet.  People can point to the defeat against Liverpool and I'll point at the result.

The reason we're so reliant upon him is that he's far and away our best player.  Not just his quality but his style of play.  He gives us a control over the ball that no-one else comes close to.  His presence changes the nature of the game.  He draws 2 and 3 opponents to him.  He gives others (McGinn) space they don't have in his absence, and of course his vision is ridiculous.  The other reason we're reliant upon him is because as a newly-promoted team we don't have the luxury (yet) of multiple star players.  We will get to that point but we can't expect to be there yet.  Jack is vital.

That is what we need. Until then we just have to hang in there.

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

That is what we need. Until then we just have to hang in there.

We have quite a few now in my opinion, our squad is in good shape for a newly promoted team, 2 full England internationals (Mings and Heaton), 3  ex England u21 internationals (Hause, Targett & Grealish), a current England u21 international (Konsa), a Belgian u21 international (Engels), 2 full Brazil international (Douglas Luiz and Wesley), a Holland international (El Ghazi), an  ex France u21 international (Guilbert), 2 ex England u20 internationals (Davis and Green),  a Norway international  (Nyland),  a Croatia international (Kalinic), an Egypt international (Trezeguet), 2 Wales international (Taylor and Chester), an Egypt international (Elmohamady,  a Scotland international (McGinn), a Zimbabwe international (Nakamba), 2 Republic of Ireland internationals  (Hourihane and Hogan), a Galicia international (Jota), an Ivory Coast international (Kodjia) 

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce will be rubbing his hands together with nyland in goal. He knows he bloody terrible he is. I’d stick kAlinic in goal for this ine

He isn’t terrible, not by any stretch of the imagination, he just had a tough start to life in a new country, that’s all. This is Nyland’s chance to stake his claim now 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce will be rubbing his hands together with nyland in goal. He knows he bloody terrible he is. I’d stick kAlinic in goal for this ine

This is why he bought him, he was playing the long game...

• Haha 3