Jump to content
zab6359

Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 13 of 38)

Recommended Posts

They will have some confidence going into this, lets hope they lose there mojo during the international break!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've got talent in the squad, and Steve Bruce while uninspiring is not as bad as a lot like to think.

Very pacy forwards could really cause us some issues in transition when they break, I know we have good defenders, but Newcastle's two wide forwards are lightening fast.

I'm guessing they will try and play as many direct long balls to play one of them in behind our final defensive line, for every one they receive, they're a good chance to finish.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

They've got talent in the squad, and Steve Bruce while uninspiring is not as bad as a lot like to think.

Very pacy forwards could really cause us some issues in transition when they break, I know we have good defenders, but Newcastle's two wide forwards are lightening fast.

I'm guessing they will try and play as many direct long balls to play one of them in behind our final defensive line, for every one they receive, they're a good chance to finish.

 

I agree. For all the talk of how rubbish Bruce us (and I'm no fan) he's actually got 6 more points than Rafa had at the same point last year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be 1-1. Typical scrappy Steve Bruce style game in which we're 1-0 up and looking comfortable and then concede poor goal in last 10 minutes. Similar to how Burnley went.

Have to say I'm worried likes of Saint-Maxim and Almiron haven't scored yet, we all know down the years we've been more than charitable to forwards with long goal droughts.

We need to have our first choice 11 to win as Newcastle are in best form of the season, 7 points from last 3 games.

Very dangerous fixture for many reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This will be 1-1. Typical scrappy Steve Bruce style game in which we're 1-0 up and looking comfortable and then concede poor goal in last 10 minutes. Similar to how Burnley went.

Have to say I'm worried likes of Saint-Maxim and Almiron haven't scored yet, we all know down the years we've been more than charitable to forwards with long goal droughts.

We need to have our first choice 11 to win as Newcastle are in best form of the season, 7 points from last 3 games.

Very dangerous fixture for many reasons.

Have to win. 1-1 not good enough with the games coming after this one. We need some confidence and a draw against one of the weaker PL teams won't do that.

 

We MUST get everyone fit for this, most importantly Jack Grealish. Newcastle are in good form and doing better than I expected but if we can't beat sides like Newcastle at home I really think we'll be going down which will be a disaster with all the investment we have made.

 

Must win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jack, Engels and Heaton are back we should win this. Newcastle coming to VP and turning us over will send huge alarm bells ringing. Then again, they've done it to better teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we lose this we're in for 7 losses on the bounce as i can't see us getting anything against Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester.

Edited by villalad21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think if we lose this we're in for 7 losses on the bounce as i can't see us getting anything against Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester.

doomed friday the 13th GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as when DS was manager of Brentford when Bruce was manager of the Villa and how easily Brentford beat us or outplayed us every time, then all we need to do is play like Brentford and hope that the barcodes play like Villa...

 

I admit am getting a bit worried now that we are going to go on a losing streak...

Regards to all

Derek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we will see how the Dinosaur does.

I hope we stuff them 3-0.....but we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really vital that we have Jack, Heaton, Targett and Heaton back for this. It’s nearly two weeks away so let’s hope that’s enough time. We’re at home and against Bruce so the atmosphere should be up there with the best. We need a big performance to put a stop to this losing run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baring a couple of games.....We have been in every one....We haven't been mullered, but we have to compete for 90 + minutes.

stupid, stupid errors has cost us dearly.

I still think 4-3-3 away from home is wishful and offers the opposition a way in.

We are not a park the bus team, but equally, we are too benevolent.....some issues is organisational, some issues is decision making and some issues is courage ( no ducking a free kicks please).

For me Bruce was too cautious and Smith too open at times.....somewhere in the middle would be fine for me...we need to get the balance right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TRO said:

Baring a couple of games.....We have been in every one....We haven't been mullered, but we have to compete for 90 + minutes.

stupid, stupid errors has cost us dearly.

I still think 4-3-3 away from home is wishful and offers the opposition a way in.

We are not a park the bus team, but equally, we are too benevolent.....some issues is organisational, some issues is decision making and some issues is courage ( no ducking a free kicks please).

For me Bruce was too cautious and Smith too open at times.....somewhere in the middle would be fine for me...we need to get the balance right.

What formation would you play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What formation would you play?

4-2-3-1 at home.....4-3-2-1 away......and morph the formation depending on the ability to gain control.

maybe 3-5-2 and get Hause in to utilise his height and power...and help protect our far post.

Away from home I would come out and stifle the crowd, frustrate the home team, close down and drown their initiative and grow in to the game....I would have a player on the far post for their corners and a player near the half way line for an outlet ball.

I would have the wingers practicing crossing morning noon and night at BMH....and I would pepper their far post in much the same way Liverpool did.....I would have Wes heading the ball morning noon and night at BMH.

I would get them passing in to space more and running in to space, to avoid being closed down as opposed to passing to feet all the time.....sometimes you have to pass to feet,we know that....but using the space more and get the runners used to receiving it in space.

Get wesley to attack the space and get the wingers to drop balls in to space.....we are far too easily taken out and they turn the ball over against us.

 

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think that Maximin guy will tear us apart just like Adama did 

He is quick......and we need to sign a quick forward too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
Â