Jurassic World Evolution

Dodgyknees

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm still on the first island at the moment, I maxed out science and I'm working on security now which is about 3/4 full. Sitting between 4-4.5 stars at the moment. Want to get all available genomes to 100% and max the contracts before I move to the next island. I assume the more I mod the dinosaurs the better their rating = more stars? Is it possible to 5* the first island with the opening dinos?

yes the threshold for star raings increase for each island so it's 100% possible to 5 star based on the opening dinos

need to 5 star the facilities too though, just breeding a shitload of dinos isn't enough.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

yes the threshold for star raings increase for each island so it's 100% possible to 5 star based on the opening dinos

need to 5 star the facilities too though, just breeding a shitload of dinos isn't enough.

I've got a few fast food places sitting by viewing stations, some shops on the 'stretch' between enclosures etc... I'll have a look later and see if there is a way to better optimise. I'm loaded with dosh now (about 38m total)

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've got a few fast food places sitting by viewing stations, some shops on the 'stretch' between enclosures etc... I'll have a look later and see if there is a way to better optimise. I'm loaded with dosh now (about 38m total)

yeah use the management view, it highlights in red areas where you need to improve. it's can be frustrating as it's necessary to get 5 stars but you need to have food, entertainment etc in close proximity to viewing areas

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah use the management view, it highlights in red areas where you need to improve. it's can be frustrating as it's necessary to get 5 stars but you need to have food, entertainment etc in close proximity to viewing areas

Will take a look. It's all a bit of a mess anyway as you drop down stuff anywhere at the start, could do with demolishing a fair bit of it and rebuilding in a particular order.

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Will take a look. It's all a bit of a mess anyway as you drop down stuff anywhere at the start, could do with demolishing a fair bit of it and rebuilding in a particular order.

yeah get your 5 stars then rearrange it to look how you want it to

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I loved the first one but eventually I got annoyed with having to deal with the fences breaking every two minutes.

I know there was a way to sort them out to break less but everything I tried just seemed to be in vain.

Hopefully the sequel is a bit more forgiving in that respect.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:49, Designer1 said:

I loved the first one but eventually I got annoyed with having to deal with the fences breaking every two minutes.

I know there was a way to sort them out to break less but everything I tried just seemed to be in vain.

Hopefully the sequel is a bit more forgiving in that respect.

Haven’t had many yet. But yeah, it was a regular occurrence in the first. Been playing the sequel for 5 hours fwiw. 

early days but seems decent so far. done the campaign which was really short and they basically should just just called it 'tutorial' which was really all it was. just a case of getting it done as quickly as possible so i can move on to other modes.

the ability to pause and speed up time is an absolute godsend

some new things to get used to though which are annoying at first: having to scan each dinosaur to find out their comfort levels, having to scan to see what illness/injuries they have etc, managing staff...you go to do an expedition only to find out your staff need a break!

• Thanks 1

getting into it a bit now. some aspects i hope will get less annoying over time. so they fight each other now. then get injured. so i need to scan to see what their injuries are. then i need to hire staff to transport them. then i need staff to heal them. then staff get tired and i need to rest them. then apparently all buildings need fuel and something will run out of fuel so i need to refill it. all the while i have missions to research and create new species. and, maybe, at some stage, it would be nice to have time to consider making the park look good and actually enjoy it, go on the tours etc.

defintely a lot more to do now, that's for sure

• Thanks 1

update: the constant injuries and other ailments is making the game borderline unplayable. i need to look into it and whether there's something i'm doing wrong. literally all i spend the time doing is performing medi-scans, and transporting them back and forth to the medical centre. it all costs money too and means i can't really expend the park because i'm spending all my money doing this crap. all the hours i've put in and my park is still only at 2 stars on the first chaos theory mode.

• 9 months later...
Â