Jurassic World Evolution

Dodgyknees

I've been given some time off work to recover, and decided to play JWE. Unfortunately, my laptop started spitting out flames, so I've had to get it on my XB.

Any others play this?

I love the JP films (mostly) and was always hooked on JP Genesis some 15 years ago.

On 07/11/2019 at 17:48, avfcDJ said:

I've been given some time off work to recover, and decided to play JWE. Unfortunately, my laptop started spitting out flames, so I've had to get it on my XB.

Any others play this?

I love the JP films (mostly) and was always hooked on JP Genesis some 15 years ago.

I have it on PS4.

Learning how to play is the best part.  Seeing stuff for the first time is a cool spectacle, the issues come when you have done all your building, you've bred your dinosaurs and sit and manage.  It's very shallow in that respect.  Also, whilst the dinosaur models look very good, the animations can be clunky and the interactions between predators and prey are so limited, it's very disappointing when you realise just how few animations there are.

I believe they're still releasing DLCs for it, but again, if it's a big dino, it'll have the same animations vs other dinosaurs.

I really wanted to love it, and for the first few hours, I did.. But it's once you're familiar with the game.. its stays oh so familiar. 

• Like 1

looking forward to the new DLC, stopped playing months ago so might actually make me pick it back up again. didn't bother with claires sanctuary after reading some quite meh reviews

15 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I'm yet to buy any DLC. Where do I start?

the dr wu DLC is decent and worth the money. i hear claires sanctuary not worth it though but i didnt buy it so cannot comment. the one coming out soon is all centered around the original JP film and also includes pteradons i understand

• 1 year later...

My lad is completely Dinosaur mad at the moment (probably because I absolutely love them as well) and I've played this, to unlock all the dinos and drivable gyrosphere etc - I must say, I've really enjoyed it.  Now we've got everything, we can do the sandbox, free mode, so he can just drive around, taking photos of the dino's. 

My comment up the page still holds true, that they could have done with more dino-interaction animations, but it's a lovely game - relaxing, looks great (even now) and it's challenging enough to be tricky, but generous enough not to annoy the **** out of you.  Like, the last island, Isla Sorna - I nearly bankrupted it and was running a $2m debt, with loads of lawsuits because a stegosaurus kept killing everyone and I didn't have an ACU - I still managed to turn the ship around without restarting - other games would have made me restart.

I've made a pretty good park too, but the ps4 frame rate gets very choppy the bigger the park gets - probably why the islands feel small sometimes.

I'm thinking of the DLC, was hoping this far into the games life it might be pretty cheap, but it doesn't appear to be dropping anytime soon! 

Did anyone buy the original JP DLC?  If so, what exactly are you getting?  Is it a full, original park, pre-set?  

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

My lad is completely Dinosaur mad at the moment (probably because I absolutely love them as well) and I've played this, to unlock all the dinos and drivable gyrosphere etc - I must say, I've really enjoyed it.  Now we've got everything, we can do the sandbox, free mode, so he can just drive around, taking photos of the dino's. 

My comment up the page still holds true, that they could have done with more dino-interaction animations, but it's a lovely game - relaxing, looks great (even now) and it's challenging enough to be tricky, but generous enough not to annoy the **** out of you.  Like, the last island, Isla Sorna - I nearly bankrupted it and was running a $2m debt, with loads of lawsuits because a stegosaurus kept killing everyone and I didn't have an ACU - I still managed to turn the ship around without restarting - other games would have made me restart.

I've made a pretty good park too, but the ps4 frame rate gets very choppy the bigger the park gets - probably why the islands feel small sometimes.

I'm thinking of the DLC, was hoping this far into the games life it might be pretty cheap, but it doesn't appear to be dropping anytime soon! 

Did anyone buy the original JP DLC?  If so, what exactly are you getting?  Is it a full, original park, pre-set?  

It is the original park and setting but in a really bad state and you have to fix it up again. Looks awesome though, all old assets from the original films. I’ve completed it all on PC and Xbox and recently bought it on the Switch. Massive JP fan so I absolutely love it!

Heard they might be making a sequel which is more like their other games (theme park and zoo) where you have more control over creations. Check out prehistoric kingdom to - looks really good.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

This is like, £8 on PS Store at the moment in the Spring Sale. Seriously considering getting it now.

It's good mate.  It's not the most in-depth management game in the world, it does have it's flaws, but for £8 I'd be jumping all over it, there's a lot of game in it for that price!

It's worth it just for the t-rex roar and velociraptor barks, obviously. :wub:

Such a good game. Surprisingly easy to play too, my 6 year old lad completed it a couple of weeks ago with barely any help from me. Like Lapal though, I was looking at the DLC and it's still expensive considering the age. The Deluxe edition which I think contains some of the DLC is about £20, but pretty sure it doesn't come with all DLC unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's good mate.  It's not the most in-depth management game in the world, it does have it's flaws, but for £8 I'd be jumping all over it, there's a lot of game in it for that price!

It's worth it just for the t-rex roar and velociraptor barks, obviously. :wub:

100% this!

• 2 weeks later...

Started this last night. Not too bad controlling on console so far. Not the most efficient of layouts but it's doing the job. Making a profit so just taking my time, doing upgrades and getting fossils. Still getting to grips with the missions.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

On 13/04/2021 at 09:55, Dante_Lockhart said:

Started this last night. Not too bad controlling on console so far. Not the most efficient of layouts but it's doing the job. Making a profit so just taking my time, doing upgrades and getting fossils. Still getting to grips with the missions.

the missions are the one part of the game i disliked...especially after the 1st island. was like a game of whack a mole getting raptors back in their enclosures meanwhile another was escaping.

ended up cheating by making an enclosure with like 4 or 5 layers of fences so they are technically not escaping when they break fences

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2021 at 11:33, tomav84 said:

the missions are the one part of the game i disliked...especially after the 1st island. was like a game of whack a mole getting raptors back in their enclosures meanwhile another was escaping.

ended up cheating by making an enclosure with like 4 or 5 layers of fences so they are technically not escaping when they break fences

I'm still on the first island at the moment, I maxed out science and I'm working on security now which is about 3/4 full. Sitting between 4-4.5 stars at the moment. Want to get all available genomes to 100% and max the contracts before I move to the next island. I assume the more I mod the dinosaurs the better their rating = more stars? Is it possible to 5* the first island with the opening dinos?

Â