Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/19 at 23:59

I think our biggest problem is that our bench is shit. They brought on players to make a positive impact, we make subs purely because our players tire. We have no one who can come on and change a game other than maybe Conor.

We'll be fine to stay up, but we need another 5 decent players next season.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

I don’t think the ref gave us a single foul inside the final 20 minutes. Trez was being pushed and kicked all over the place. You also can’t show advantage and then give a free kick when they balls it up. There was also no justification for five minutes injury time.

The ref got what he wanted. 

• Like 2

I only watched 30 minutes so won't give ratings or anything. But in those 30 minutes I thought :

- El Ghazi worked hard offensively. But he is awful defensively. 

- Trez looked very good, but a bit knackered.

- Wesley ran around and tried, but like predicted he had very little hold up play. 

- We got hammered the minutes I saw, so it's not undeserved. But the referee is a total RS rocket polisher. 

- Marvelous looked brilliant. 

- If we had Grealish we might have nicked this. Like someone said in the match thread, not bad progress the last 12 months. 

But Arsenal and Liverpool now. It's hard being a Villa fan. 

We played for a 1-2 loss in that second half, you could see it coming a mile off. 

Nowt wrong with the tactics, you have to expect pressure against top teams, but it’s what you do with it when you get it that counts and we did nowhere near enough in the second half. 

Trez, Wes and El Ghazi make some awful decisions when in possession and as much as I love him, McGinn often does the same. 

No shame in losing 1-2 to these, but the players need to have a look at themselves after that one. 

Outplayed really, better team won. Stopped attacking second half which always ****ing happens. Disappointing to throw it away so late but it was coming, they have to start playing for 90 minutes or this will keep happening. Liverpool are clearly some levels ahead of us though. 

Two defeats in a row, need to be getting something at Wolves next week and beating Newcastle.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Subs were atrocious.

The Hourihane sub makes zero sense.

Fresh legs.

Would have personally brought off Trez for Hourihane as he was clearly exhausted, but fresh legs made sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Goes without saying but we missed Grealish. It didn't feel like we had anybody who could hold the ball and run with it, without losing it immediately.

Should've thrown Konsa on rather than Kodjia. But yes, another big 3 points dropped and another defeat.

Very naive by Smith, not one of his strong qualities, has no idea how to close a game up. It's not by parking the bus for 60 minutes

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Trez and Marvellous were immense. As soon as Kodjia came on I feared the worst. I might be being harsh but was he at fault in any way for the winner? 

Not really. Was just an excellent header from a corner.

• Like 1

Â