Caribao cup QF Draw

Demitri_C

Surely we should reject any proposals to play this in Jan. That be a absolutely joke with fa cup.

I think moving watford game for them to a Friday is only option. Surely we have  a say in this as well not just Liverpool?

26 minutes ago, sne said:

It'll probably get moved to make it slightly better for them and much worse for us

How so? They have an extended fixture list already with europe and the club world cup tournament. Whether it's done earlier in the month or beginning of january, we'll still have a fresher side for it.

Just now, Rodders said:

How so? They have an extended fixture list already with europe and the club world cup tournament. Whether it's done earlier in the month or beginning of january, we'll still have a fresher side for it.

As in it will still be bad for them, but slightly better than playing the same day they are supposed to be on a plane to the Club WC.

And for us it will be at bit worse than the date it would originally be played at as our schedule will likely be even more congested.

Just now, sne said:

As in it will still be bad for them, but slightly better than playing the same day they are supposed to be on a plane to the Club WC.

And for us it will be at bit worse than the date it would originally be played at as our schedule will likely be even more congested.

but still not as congested as theirs. Anyway, should probably wait and see when the actual new date is I suppose!  The EFL won't want to be seen to kinda go "well it's your own silly fault for winning the Champions League" . 

Interesting logistics, I didn't realise the semi finals are so early in January so actually January is not a possibility :o 

Only option is the 16th I think, and then push the Watford game back to the friday night beforehand. 

Decent draw at home against a weakened Liverpool team who won’t give a flying shit about the game. No way should this game be moved to suit Liverpool. They either play it in the original date or they remove themselves out of the competition. All because they have some meaningless foreign tournament abroad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Decent draw at home against a weakened Liverpool team who won’t give a flying shit about the game. No way should this game be moved to suit Liverpool. They either play it in the original date or they remove themselves out of the competition. All because they have some meaningless foreign tournament abroad. 

As a club they dont care, but unfortunately the individual players will care.

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Man utd pulled out the fa Cup a few years ago, they are basically scheduled to play every 3/4 days from the end of November until with our game on the 17th of December and the club World Cup game on the 18th so I genuinely can't see how they're going to fit it in even with moving some games around. 

IIRC, Man U didn't register to enter the FA Cup back then because the club world cup, fixture congestion etc. rather than pull out of the competition.  Which does make me wonder why Liverpool entered the League Cup in the first place.  There would seriously have to be some thick nits at both Liverpool FC and the EFL to not know fixtures would clash.  If the fixture is rescheduled Villa should only agree to it for some sort of consideration and doesnt affect Villa's fixtures, or Liverpool withdraw.

• Thanks 1

What was Liverpools lineup yesterday? If they played their reserves then they should be asked to play their reserves in the quarter final to allow their seniors to play in the world club thingy. if so then I don't see how it's any different to resting players for the weekend game that usually follows a midweek cup game.

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

What was Liverpools lineup yesterday? If they played their reserves then they should be asked to play their reserves in the quarter final to allow their seniors to play in the world club thingy. if so then I don't see how it's any different to resting players for the weekend game that usually follows a midweek cup game.

i'd never heard of 5 of the starting line up. the subs appeared to be youth players aside from adrian (the lowest squad number of the subs was 48 which is normally an indication)

i don't see them pulling out. it's a great opportunity for the younger players to get some competitive football vs premiership opposition.

not sure if we have to agree any proposed changes? or whether the FA can just change and then let us know...something tells me we'll get shafted if the latter

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd never heard of 5 of the starting line up. the subs appeared to be youth players aside from adrian (the lowest squad number of the subs was 48 which is normally an indication)

i don't see them pulling out. it's a great opportunity for the younger players to get some competitive football vs premiership opposition.

not sure if we have to agree any proposed changes? or whether the FA can just change and then let us know...something tells me we'll get shafted if the latter

Yeah 

This was their lineup last night:

• 62 Kelleher
  • 76 Williams
  • 12 Gomez
  • 72 van den Berg
  • Milner
  • 15 Oxlade-Chamberlain   Substituted for Chirivellaat 81'minutes
  • 20 Lallana
  • Keita Substituted for Jonesat 55'minutes
  • 67 Elliott
  • 24 Brewster
  • 27 Origi

Their bench consisted of players I've never heard of. Liverpool are just trying to be awkward here I think by trying to prove a point. They could easily field this team again against us and still play their best players the day after in the other cup. You could also argue that if they were playing us last night then the above lineup would have been weakened further as they would have seen Arsenal as a tougher fixture. I just don't think a team known for many years to field their reserves in this competition can be taken seriously when moaning about this fixture clashing with another.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

That draw looks incredibly suspicious.

I want to see proof, ie. people actually doing it in real time.

It is right up there with the moon landing.

It’s Roswell all over again!  Liverpool Out!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Gomez, Milner, Ox, Lallana, Keita, and Origi all started last night - I would envisage all these players would be in their squad for the Club World Cup.

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Klopp said on SSN last night they would have to forfeit due to fixture congestion. Are they allowed to do that and would they be fined. I'm happy to take a bye into semis. 

I imagine he's only saying that to put pressure and get their will though.