Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 11 of 38)

zab6359

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Missed it,  my first live game was 1977.  My dad does though.

I know, I go on......and yes some will say we had a better team then, but Liverpool was European Champions too.

We had 3 lads up front c 20 years old....who all came out of the traps fired up....they showed no fear and went after Liverpool.

but they showed a desire, a belief and a will to take the game to Liverpool and showed a level of aggression  to win that left us in awe... and sure that approach helped make things they tried come off.

sadly, with the odd exception, I don't think our players have that in their make-up.

PS .....Off to the game now.

Edited by TRO

I still look back fondly at one of my earliest home games when we beat Liverpool during the 92-93 season.    Dean Saunders scoring two on his home debut and us winning 4-2.  He very nearly scored a hat trick that day when he also hit the bar.   38,000 in the crowd and the place rocking. 

I think it was also the game when I witnessed the worst miss from any player ever in front of the Holte End!   Most of you will know who I am talking about.  

A great occasion and would love a similar result today (doubt it, but you never know) :flag:

• Like 1

Ok if we keep it tight and limit them to crosses from fullbacks we can deal with them. My worry is then set pieces. When they are struggling from open play they always seem to pop up with a set piece goal.   vvd hard to handle in the air.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa