The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

Anti-Zionism, anti-Netanyahu, anti-Israeli treatment of Palestinians is not antisemitism. Nor is hostility to uber-rich capitalists (some of whom happen to be Jewish). But the Friends of Israel bunch can say it is, and they get a free pass from the media. Corbyn's only mistake in my eyes was to sound apologetic about it. He should have gone on the offensive. My Labour activist Jewish mate says exactly the same thing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon something like the Democrats under Obama would get a landslide over here.  Probably New Labour was the closest to that, perhaps Cameron to a degree.

I'll grant you that the Tories have gone much further to the right than they were under Cameron but under him they were still a million miles away from being able to be compared to the Democrats under Obama.

The levels of homelessness, the amount of children living in poverty, the reliance on food banks for many people in work, the state of the NHS, the decimation of adult social care etc etc.., are all down to policies introduced by Cameron and Osborne. The fact he trumped all that by totally dividing the country to appease a few nut jobs in his own party shouldn't mean that his other numerous destructive policies should be forgotten. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

One is supposedly the party of equality, the party that supports the working class no matter what race, creed or religion they belong to. That party can’t begin to tackle and highlight those problems until it cleans its own house otherwise it just gets thrown back in its face.

Complaining that the Tories are islamaphobic (and anti-Semitic if the truth be known) just as much as Labour is anti-Semitic is silly, the two parties are held to different standards for a reason, no-one expects them to be any different. 

'the tories should be allowed to play politics on easy mode' 

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

A thread worth reading.

There's a narrative at play that shall not be opposed. Even where the opposition are themselves Jewish. 

She also repeatedly says in that thread that there is a real problem with antisemitism in the Labour Party. She says she resigned from labour in 2017 because of it. So yes there are false accusations and a ”narrative” at play, but also she’s literally shown you the fire of anti-semitism in labour is real.

• Like 1

This Russian intelligence report stuff really stinks. The level of corruption in our country is almost difficult to believe. It’s amazing how far we’ve come in 3yrs. Obviously we weren’t perfect before that but the slide we are on is alarming. 

We are having our very own Trump election right now and coming on top of Brexit it doesn’t feel good. A ridiculous buffoon who is openly colluding with foreign powers to get major policies through which will do nothing to benefit the people who vote for him. How could he win you ask? Because the opposition is so unpopular that it’s not an easy choice. 

The Heil:

Decision on whether Boris Johnson should face criminal investigation over his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri is shelved until AFTER the election

The independent police watchdog has delayed revealing whether Boris Johnson will face a criminal misconduct probe into his friendship with Jennifer Arcuri until after the general election.

MPs and London assembly members were outraged by the decision, with some arguing the ruling had been 'suppressed' so it did not impact on the Prime Minister's bid to be reelected.

The move was finalised at a private meeting last week, which saw officials from the Independent Office for Police Conduct hold the announcement into 'possible criminality' by the PM until after December 12.

...more

Edit: Johnson, "I want you to know of course that I don't want an early election and no one much wants to have an election in December..."  :suspect:

Edited by snowychap

2 hours ago, blandy said:

She also repeatedly says in that thread that there is a real problem with antisemitism in the Labour Party. She says she resigned from labour in 2017 because of it. So yes there are false accusations and a ”narrative” at play, but also she’s literally shown you the fire of anti-semitism in labour is real.

I don't deny, and never have, that there's anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

What I have contended is it's not the crisis it's made to be.

50 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I don't deny, and never have, that there's anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

What I have contended is it's not the crisis it's made to be.

Crisis is a media term, the media control the crisis until Labour put a lid on it and until Labour do that it will remain a crisis. Labour have done very little and very little doesn’t change the narrative.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Crisis is a media term, the media control the crisis until Labour put a lid on it and until Labour do that it will remain a crisis. Labour have done very little and very little doesn’t change the narrative.

What has Labour done? What more can they do?

9 hours ago, bickster said:

By not sorting their own problem out that is exactly what the Labour Party is doing

What you actually said was 'the two parties are held to a different standard for a reason'. I can't think of a good reason to do so if someone actually thinks racism is important, rather than just a wedge issue. 

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

What has Labour done? What more can they do?

Nothing and expelling people, not drag their feet, they've done very little, they’ve acted as if it isn’t really a problem and it’s ALL made up, it isn’t. They’d have readmitted Chris Williamson if they could have got away with it.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

What you actually said was 'the two parties are held to a different standard for a reason'. I can't think of a good reason to do so if someone actually thinks racism is important, rather than just a wedge issue. 

Nobody said there was a good reason to do so but the fact of the matter is that they are. This is the real world

Not acknowledging the reality of any situation is very much a Labour trait and it sinks them very often

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Nothing and expelling people, not drag their feet, they've done very little, they’ve acted as if it isn’t really a problem and it’s ALL made up, it isn’t. They’d have readmitted Chris Williamson if they could have got away with it.

I don't believe they've done nothing. They accepted the (slightly daft) definition, they pushed more resources to complaints, they have suspended and sanctioned people. It's never enough, I suspect because those with an issue don't want it to be enough. They've not covered themselves in glory in doing so, but they've had to try to thread a complex needle under fire. They couldn't just expel everyone accused, they needed to investigate, which is often easier said than done, and the sanction had to match the crime. But it seems that's never been good enough.

In all honesty in my view Williamson was dumped for being a PR nightmare rather than anti-Semitism, because as far as I can tell he hasn't said anything derogatory to Jews. Even Livingstone is basically guilty of being an idiot.

As has been said over and over again, there's anti-Semitism in the party. They're shouldn't be, but there is - the tigers in Norway thing. But it's been made out that the party is riddled with Hitler-esque figures and it's a threat to Britain's Jews - I listened to a podcast the other day on the subject where a US journalist reported with a tremble that her Jewish friends in London were terrified of a Corbyn victory and would flee the country. Which, even accepting the obvious cultural fear of the Jewish people, is absurd.

There's only one solution that'll work for anti-Semitism in Labour. Corbyn falling and the left of the party being crushed again. And you'll have to forgive me for believing that's the real issue, not concerns for Britain's Jewry. There's a remarkable correlation.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 3